hi all can u help me with any answers ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all i wonder if anyone can help me... for the last 5 months i been having pelvis pain... started out with a cramping ... now as the time has gone on i frequently urinate every 2 hours and during the night... i am so tired... around ovulation i am in severe pain when i press my pelvis this lasts around 10 days and my periods have gone from being very heavy 5_6 days to bust over 2 days and still very painful... i am.going bk to g.p next week but has anyone ever had anythin like this ? worried out my mind thinking its cancer !!!

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jassy sorry to hear what you are going through, its a very common complaint and its a good idea that your seeing your GP soon. The symptoms you describe sound very much like somone with fibroids and your GP will be able to confirm and refer you to a consultant for scan to check and offer you options e.g. tablets or surgery.  I went through similar issues and was prescribed Transexamic acid to help with heavy periods and stop the anaemia which helped a lot and have also been offered the option of surgery to remove the fibroids which I have decided to take. Fibroids can make you feel tired especially if you have heavy bleeding and they can also cause frequent urination. Try not to assume the worst such as cancer, believe it or not fibroids is more common than you think and affects a lot of women between the ages of 30 to 50, once you have confirmation from your Doctor and your options you will feel much better. In the meantime watch your diet and exercise as best as you can and ask the Doctor for advice on the tiredness as they may check your iron levels and presribe appropriate medication for you.
    • Posted

hi thank u for replying ... my periods suddenly changed in july and they gone from very heavy to 5-6 days to 2-3 days... and the pain around ovulation is severe and lasts 10 days... my pelvis is so painful and tender... i cannot stop urinating and during the night every 2 hours... i am worried out of mind ... and terrified to have a scan incase its somethin serious xx
    • Posted

Pelvic pain is very common with fibroids, I get a lot of Pelvic pain and like you its worst during ovulation. I found exercise a great help in managing the pain as I dont like depending on painkillers. Your doctor will prescribe something for the pain. Do not be afraid of the scan as you need the scan for the diagnosis so you can get the appropriate treatment and make choices. The scan is not painful and they do not give you much information during the scan as everting has to be analysed and passed to your doctor, who will let you know. You can take someone along with you for the scan. Try not to let you brain move into overtime with worry,  see your GP, have the scan, review the options and make the choice and feel better.
    • Posted

i know i need too ... cos my pelvis is so tender and painful and the urinating is driving me mad... am so.tired... just need a good nights sleep xx
  • Posted

I went through exactly the same and of course we think the worst but it is very likely to be fibroids as it was for me. You could also be iron deficient making you tired due to the heavy periods caused possibly by the fibroids. I would advise to ask for an ultrasound pelvic scan to confirm and get a blood test for the iron levels etc. There are many treatments and you do not even need to have any treatment at all if you do not want to depending on your symptoms. You will first need an ultrasound scan to see what you are dealing with.  Good luck 
  • Posted

Another medication available now is esmya which can help to reduce fibroids. You can discuss what is best for you with the GP or consultant 
  • Posted

In most cases a course of esmya stops your period completely for the three months you take it. That helps if you are anaemic due to iron loss of heavy periods. It stopped mine, everyone of course is different. Good luck 
    • Posted

my periods arent heavy at all at the moment michelle only lasting between 2 and 3 days... the tenderness across my pelvis is so so painful.and its worse when ovulating... as well as other times of the month... i cannot stop going to toilet ... every 2 hours i am weeing ... its driving me mad... am so fed up and obviously very frightened thinking its somethin worse xx
    • Posted

Ovulation can also cause pain too, mine does. It is so much more likely to be something not as serious based on statistics, but I do understand how easy it is to worry when you cannot rule that out. Best to try to book the scan as soon as possible. It is more scary not knowing as you will think the worst. Knowledge is power when you know what you are dealing with. Maybe your Dr can reassure you even before the scan. They might suggest some pain management in the meantime. Best wishes

• Posted

thank u michelle... i have spent months on google... and scared the life out of myself... i just cant cope ... i cant function with worry its totally took me off my feet... i av visions of it being serious and me leaving my son... o dear me my heads shot ... thank u for replying again xx
  • Posted

Hi Jassy, I have to agree with the others here, it sounds like fibroids. The frequent urination can be caused by fibroids pressing on your bladder, and the irregular periods are another symptom (this can be heavy bleeding, or short burst of flooding, or prolonged periods - or a mixture of everything!) The cramps are also common with fibroid, as is the tiredness.

Obviously, see you gp, but honestly, I don't think you need to be worried.

Now, I just want to give you a friendly telling-off. The WORST thing to do when there is something wrong with your body, is to do NOTHING! Let's say it was something really serious - well, many cancers can be cured nowadays, if they are caught early on. With uterine cancers, many of them can be stopped simply by having a hysterectomy - as long as the cells havn't spread outside the uterus. Yes, there are a couple of rare sarcomas which cannot be cured, but these are SO rare, that you have as much chance of being struck by lightning. 

My point is, you say you don't want a scan in case they find something "bad" - but that is exactly why you need to have a scan. So, if there is something bad, it can be quickly dealt with and cured before it spreads.

But in your case, it sounds like plain old fibroids. You'll probably have an ultrasound to confirm it, and maybe an MRI if they look complicated. 

Please stop worrying so much! Stress is bad for your health too. Your symptoms are very common to women with fibroids. smile

Best wishes, Rosie

• Posted

You are just going through that phase and its fear about the unknown and what you are dealing with. I went through exactly that going into detail on google etc and scaring yourself. You move past that phase, you will feel better when you know what you are dealing with and what the options are for helping yourself. Try to relax, do something you enjoy and take your mind off it as much as you can in the meantime. I had an MRI too as my ultrasound could not clearly confirm fibroids for all of them but in many cases it can. They are so common.         
    • Posted

hi rosie thank you so so much for your reply... i have let this beat me... ots been going on 5 months plus... it all started with a niggle on left side of pelvis... i went to the docs and he said it was my bladder i thought my ovaries... anyway he couldnt find a problem... i quickly found out i have a bladder prolapse and rectum one to , but that wouldnt cause this pain... anyway i went back wards and forwards to doctor , my periods changed in july which has frightened me to between 2 and 3 days and have always been 5 to 6 days and heavy... i have always suffered bad pains around ovulation for years , i have just got on with it and suffered it as i hate the doctors... i have severe health anxiety and lost my parents and no brothers or sisters so i am waiting for it to happen to me.... my period barely lasts long now but is very painful and always has been... i just cant get it out my head its cancer ovarian or cervical... and i have a littke boy i adore and even that cant give me strength to get this scan... i am completely helpless... the whole of xmas i have cried and laid on settee while my husband has done everything... i need to find strength , my friends said with the amount of time i have had this problem there would be major signs... but i just cant accept it ... so sad xxxx
    • Posted

i know michelle i need go be strong... i am.going to see my g.p again next week... he is used to seeing me breaking down in there... ye fear is the worst am terrified of anything medical its awful... but i know once i bring myself to see my g.p again i possibly will feel better just seeing him ... xx
    • Posted

Jassy I understand if you have lost family members it can worsen your health anxiety. When you next go to the GP insist on an ultrasound of the pelvis they can refer you for that as it is the only way you can start to have reassurance of the other concerns of the reproduction area to rule out ovarian cancer and to confirm fibroids or not. As you know a smear is the first port of call for checking on cervical worries. x    Just for relaxation and to soothe the pain I find a warm shower is really helpful. Aiming the warm water on all areas. It beats taking a pain killer if have some discomfort I find.      
    • Posted

michelle hr has offered me a scan... cos at first when i kept going back he just thought it was my health anxiety and obviously its not because since august i have not really left the house... been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and health anxiety ... its a massive change in my life because i worked hard and am a family girl... to come to this where i just cant function and am totally helpless its a big shocker... i need a smear and i cant even bring myself to have one of those ... am convinced its that so my helpless mind is saying no no no dont go... its like i am fighting against someone else... its terrible... i start therapy soon cant see how that will help... but i will try... i am dreaming lots of my mom can hear her voise and alsorts ... my mind is saying maybe its a sign... its just so so sad ... i.hope i can find strength for my son and courage to sort this out xx
    • Posted

Jassy, please please please stop worrying so much! There's no point stressing out about something before you even know what the problem is. Your symptoms are almost identical to mine, and I was diagnosed with fibroids.

Also, regular doctors don't know everything... especially when it comes to female problems. You need to see a gynacologist. Tell your doctor you want an ultrasound as soon as possible, and you'll find out very quickly if you have fibroids. Also ask for a blood test to check your iron levels.

Now listen. Fibroids are thought to affect as many as 80% of women. About 30-40% of women will have "problems" due to fibroids. They are THE MOST COMMON reason for irregular periods. It is entirely likely this is your problem - much more likely than anything worse. 

So just try to relax, put a hot water bottle on your tummy, have some herbal baths, and remember that your symptoms are very common. 

Sending you relaxing, positive vibes

xox Rosie

• Posted

rosie your so kind replying thank you... i am.out of my mind with worry , even my little boy keeps asking me if i will ever get better... he thinks i have back ache !! my periods changing is what topped me over the edge!! i was told that if it was something serious they wouldnt reduce they would increase but i cant get it in my head !!!

does your pelvis hurt certain times and very painful to touch ?? also i am weeing every 2 hours and its getting me up wvery 2 hours in the night ! its so scary xxx

• Posted

period's reducing sometimes sounds like pre-menopause. However I do not want to worry you anymore until you have a scan. 

Hope you can get a good night sleep   

• Posted

Yes, Jassy, I suffered similar pains and also frequently needed to go to the toilet during the night. As I said before, this can happen because a fibroid is pressing on your bladder. Every woman's symptoms are a little different because the fibroids grow in different sizes and places and directions. Some women will only get one or two symptoms, other women will get lots of different symptoms.

Now, I know you feel afraid of going for a scan, but I want you to think of it this way. If your little boy had a tummy ache that got worse and worse, you'd take him to the doctor to find out what was wrong. You would WANT to know what the problem is, so that it could get fixed as soon as possible... that's because you love and care about him and you know the best thing is to get professional help. The same thing applies to you! You need professional advice, you need to get the scan, and I promise you you'll feel so much better when you do.

Try to be positive. You say this is beating you - no it isn't! It's just scaring you. Once you know what the real problem is (most probably fibroids) you won't feel scared any more.

You aren't alone, dear! So many of us are going through this, just remember that and try to stay strong for your boy, your family, and for yourself.

xox Rosie

• Posted

i am.35 michelle... so i dont think that could be me but then again u never know do.u xx
    • Posted

i know your right rosie.. i just got to try and sort this... i really appreciate you messaging me back... i really do... i.hope your ok and that your feeling better very soon... lovely to meet you and stay in touch xxx
    • Posted

Yes, jassy, let me know how you get on, okay? Also, I'm 35 too! So we're basically fibroid twins smile Remember that, alright? You have a twin in New Zealand, who is going through the same thing as you.

xox Rosie

• Posted

wow new zealand how bloody fantastic.... thats just amazeballs..... and the same age ! wow wow wow ... what time is it there?? i am in england xxxxx
    • Posted

It's 11.45 in the morning here! You must be up late.

Good luck dear. Get some sleep and try to relax now, okay? You'll be fine. 

xox

• Posted

its 10.50 at night here... thats crazy that i been talking to u all the way from new zealand thats amazing darl xxx
    • Posted

No, I don't really use any social media, I'm a bit of a recluse that way! ..... It's good that you're in England because that means you get free healthcare. I have spoken to people in the US who have to pay hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars to get scans and medical help. We're VERY lucky to have free healthcare in the UK and in NZ, and you should definitely take advantage of it to get your scans done!

Let me know how you get on, okay?

(PS, Happy New Year!)

• Posted

i will my darl definately... stay in touch ... yes i know its a shame for all the people that have to pay.. we are lucky...

happy new year.. xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.