Hi dealing with depression, anxiety and panic attacks

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everybody,

I am new to this website. I started suffering from depression, panic attacks and anxiety, digestive issues, insomnia since June of this year. Went to my gyn doctor, told him about my symptoms. He said that it cannot be menopause because I am only 46. He reluctantly did a blood. He was shock to find out I was indeed in menopause. He put me on estradiol pills. It took care of my hot flashes and sweating, but has done nothing for my depression, anxiety, panic attacks and feelings of doom.

I started taking 250 mg of magnesium, it calms me some what, allows me to sleep a little better. Can anybody give me some advice about natural remedies for these horrible symptoms?

Thanks, Maria

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, yes, St. John's wort is good but you may also need a multivitamin. That's what helped me get out of the doom and gloom feelilng. Get one that's vegetarian.

• Posted

Dear Maria

I can relate to you on the anxiety and panic attacks, I have abit of an anxiety disorder through my life as I have panic feelings in open spaces. When I entered menopause I was having panic attacks out of the blue which was new to me, and bad anxiety. Since I have been taking vitamins tailored for 50 plus it seemed to have helped but I still get anxious say for example paying at the tills in shops etc, I feel the need to get out if you know what I mean! I think the magnesium in the tablets is the key to calming me as I was getting bad joint/muscle pain with the anxiety and panic which is a sign of low magnesium. X

• Posted

Hi, pinkcatfairy

I have been takimg magnesium supplememts also. Like you said it does help me with my anxiety and calms me down. Sometimes I actually feel sleepy after they dissolve and go through my system. They also help with my heart palpations. I just

hate that I have to rely on pills to help me get through this journey. Memopause is

a part of life, but why does it have to be so challenging. I want my old self back.

• Posted

Dear Maria

I know, it's awful isn't it, like I said I do feel better with the vitamins but I don't feel 100% in myself. Let's hope it isn't forever x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.