Hi everyone having a hard time just feeling very down.

Posted , 11 users are following.

It has been nearly 4 weeks since I ruptured my right achiellis tendon. The first week was hard and I was very teary and then I started to feel better but now I find that my hubby has gone back to work I am feeling very down again. Getting frustrated is proberly most of the cause but I just want to crawl into a hole and hopefully when I crawl out this will be all over.

I am still NWB and because it's my right foot am unable to drive as well.

How is everyone else coping ? Any one feel like chatting .......

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello! I can relate to feeling down. It'll be 7 weeks this Monday since my surgery to fix my right Achilles' tendon and bone spurs. I have been going nuts being unable to drive. My 3 kids have been able to visit family and go on trips while I have been confined. My doctor has not helped with my anxiety and depression, only treating my foot, although a good job with the foot. It did help for me to go back to work (even though I have to depend on a ride). Also, making a reservation for a vacation 4-5 months from now has helped tremendously. It's giving me something to look forward to.....I was anxious about the surgery but glad to have it done. The pain I had before it was just awful.

• Posted

I have just been to my 4 week ortho appointment at hospital. He was very please with the amount of movement and strength I have already and said I can remove for showering and sleeping (which I have been for last week and a bit anyway) but good to get the all clear to do so from doctor.

Also said to start to weight bare with crutches for 2 more weeks then see how feeling and can remove boot after two weeks all together if feels comfortable to do so. Wow so excited. Still said to use crutches for walking without boot as long as needed and until I am comfortable without them.

I also start physio tomorrow so that will helps things progress along better as well. No need to back to see ortho at all, have been discharged and will just communicate with physio therapist.

This was the good news I needed to hear to help get me focused now on recovery and feeling like a human being again

Thank you to all who chat, it's been awesome to hear everyone's recovery. Talk soon

• Posted

Hi , i had my surgery 4weeks ago too .. I had the walker on in 1 week now and yesterday it started too swell up mutch , realy painfull ,  after some cooling in water the skinn get softer and it become a hole in the weekest point in the surgery stitch  . Out it come a little bit of yellow liquid before a lot of realy thin blood come out and the pain was gone .. Hade a adhesive plaster on to the hole over night and in the morning it had swall up again ., now the blood coming out is thick blood .. Emptied the swellow from blood an took a new adhesiv plaster over the hole .. Havnt bleed since but the legs realy warm an red around the sergury place .. 

Someone hwo has som experience with this ? Wil call the doctor to morrow ..

• Posted

Hi I have no experience with this as I'd surgery 3 weeks ago yesterday but I've a cast on. Definitely call the ddoctor I would also keep elevated as much as you can. Hopefully it's not an infection with the skin being red as you mentioned.

Can you wiggle your toes. I can move my big and second toe. And other 3/ slightly mover but not much

• Posted

Hi Oysteiner

I also have a hole - my body tried to eject the internal stitches.  Unfortunately, complications/infections are very common with this injury. I'm now 2.5 months on and boy is it dragging on!

Good luck with the doc. today and keep us posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.