Hi everyone! I’m new. Can a fibroid form in a short amount of time?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all!

I had my first transvaginal ultrasound in January which should a complex ovarian cyst on my left ovary so my doctor wanted to check again in 8 weeks. Second ultrasound at the end of February which showed the cyst collapsing so my doctor wanted to check again in 3 months. My latest ultrasound in May showed the cyst resolved, but now I have a 1.4 cm predominately intramucosal with a possible submucosal component anterior fibroid. I asked my doctor why it didn't show up on my other ultrasounds and he was wondering the same. He wants to check it again in November. Can fibroids just pop up? I'm 43 and he said they're very common for my age. Thanks!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello,yes i believe its very normal at your age.some decide to leave with it but its not advantageous because it keeps growing and some chose to go for an operation which is good and also bad because sometimes it grows back.i can help you with some natural method that can help you get rid of it permanently . you can contact me for information.i had fibroid too and i have all my medical reports as proofs.

• Posted

Just curious what natural method you used for your fibroids? I heard Chlorophyll is supposed to help.

• Posted

Herbs, natural and it disappeared completely

• Posted

Hi Manga,

I had Hysteroscopic Myonecromy to remove an intracavitary fibroid of 3 cm that had caused me to develop heavy anemia due to abnormal bleeding. Now i am recovering for 4 weeks already. I do have 4 more fibroids but the GYN says they are not big and are located at places where they should not cause heavy bleeding. He also said they should not be an obstacle to get pregnant. I do however want to change my diet and shrink them naturally. You mentioned that you used a natural method that helped shrink your fibroids. Could you please share it with me? I will be very grateful! Thank you dear!

• Posted

i believe that is totally normal. I had an ultrasound which showed 3 fibroids... when it came to my open myomectomy there were 5.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! how much time was between your ultrasound and myomectomy?

• Posted

it was roughly a year, my surgery was cancelled twice. I am unaware whether i always had 5 and the ultrasound just didnt pick them up, or maybe 2 were hidden by the other fibroids. or whether they were new fibroids.

• Posted

What kind of herbs? I would love to try it. Thanks!

• Posted

I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit for a few years in my 40s. I was told it would shrink and disappear when i reached the menopause.

When I reached 54 my blood count began to rise so my Dr eventually sent me to the hospital for tests under the care of Haematology department.

Following tests and a scan, it was revealed that I had a very large fibroid! It was so big and had grown so quickly that they thought it was cancerous.

I had an hysterectomy and I asked for my ovaries to be removed in case it was cancer. I was lucky that it wasn't cancerous so no other treatment was needed. The fibroid was about the size of a 7 month foetus but hidden well in my frame.

Although I was very lucky, it put me straight into the menopause with awful hot flushes. I was walking outside in the Winter only wearing a sleeveless tee shirt on my top half. I hardly slept and was feeling terrible. My Dr put me on HRT as she thought I looked so awful. This sorted out the hot flushes but my BP rose so I only stayed on HRT for a year. Eight years later, I still have hot flushes but they have lessened and are mainly at night.

• Posted

Hello! Within 3 years my fibroids got bigger and I also developed more. I recently had surgery and the Dr. took out 7 fibroids and 1 cysts. I remember my first ultrasound back in 2016, my fibroids were only 2cm and couple months ago they were 5-6cm. I believe fibroids can get bigger and possibly shrink as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.