Hi everyone, I've just started roactuane feeling very depressed with my skin

Posted , 6 users are following.

found this group and its nice to know somebody understands ;( don't think I've ever felt so depressed in my life

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't really know how to work this as I'm new 😁 does anybody know how long it is before you see a improvement from being on roactuane?? 
  • Posted

Hi Tatum depression is very common with rouccatane so bear with it please.   My nephew had very bad acne and it cleared his up wonderfully.   It is strong and not prescribed unless really needed but it is very good.  

I would give it at least a month and if it is not helping go back to your doctor.  If the side effects get really bad go back to your doctor asap.  x

• Posted

I've only  started so I think the depression is because I feel so bad 😢 I know the tablets don't work over night although I wish they would, i won't go out I have to drag myself to work and I'm constantly in a mood half the time I won't even look in the mirror because I make myself sick I'm praying the tablets kick in soon and it starts to clear x thanks for your reply 
    • Posted

Hi it probably looks a lot worse to you than to others,  and many young people have acne these days.  I do know how you feel though.  

One thing I hope you don't do is pop your spots!   Popping can leave lifelong scarring and pits in your skin.   I had very severe acne as a teenager and there weren't all these treatments available then.  I popped mine and had permanent scarring and pits so please don't.  x

• Posted

My boyfriend says it's not as bad as I think although I think he says that to make me feel better, I have seen worse cases but it still doesn't stop me feeling down.

i only pop them if they are yellow as I can't bear people looking at them 

I live by make up but that isn't even helping these days, I don't think I have any scars just lots of red marks. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 23 x

• Posted

My teenage son had very bad acne (as did my husband at a similar age) and I did a lot of reading on the subject as the GP was abut to start my son on long term anti biotics.  I learnt that acne is often triggered by testosterone in male and females and I treated him with red clover (from the health food shop) which helps balance the hormones.  He did not experience any side effects and his acne cleared  (within days) so he was over the moon.  He took it for about 3 years and would never be without it and now often remarks the difference it made to him and his self confidence.  Since then I have recommened it to others and had very positive feedback.  The best of luck, whatever you do.  
    • Posted

Hi tatum I am old now and have had to live with acne scarring and pits in my skin for 40 years.  Popping yellow ones will cause pits in your skin coz I did the same.   Don't say I didn't warn you!  x

• Posted

I've been on it for 2 months now and its actually very good I started seeing result fast! I also felt depressed but then I started seeing amazing results and it definitely started feel very happy(: hope everything goes well for you(:
    • Posted

Hello, thank you! that's good to hear glad they are working for you, my brother has been on them, much higher dose than me and a lot worse than my acne and they worked wonders for him, I'm just praying they kick in soon as it's taking a toll on my whole life style x
    • Posted

They'll kick in soon enough be patient it will definitely be worth it at the end(:

How long is your doctor having you take them for?

• Posted

I hope so as I've tried everything else.. 4 months my dermatologist said I'm on 40mg what about you? X
    • Posted

Ive been on a lot of other pills but they never worked but this one is definitely working, I'm also taking them for 4 months and I'm on 40mg too.
    • Posted

17 and you?

I had really bad acne and I stared seeing a difference on my 3rd week I haven't gotten acne only a pimple here and there cause of my makeup but other then that I haven't gotten acne like I used to cause I would get cyst.

• Posted

I'm 23, I've had it on and off for years but never as bad as it is now

half the time it's not even a spot you can pop there like red sore lumps just touching them hurts 😩

where are you from? X

• Posted

Hmm I see well hopefully you won't get it anymore after you finish your treatment (: yeah I've gotten those too they hurt so bad! 😣 I'm from Utah and you?
    • Posted

Their painful rnt they 😁 fingers crossed it'll clear up soon

im from Manchester England x

• Posted

I hope so 🙏🙏

cold and wet nothing like over there I imagine?!

• Posted

Just wait and see 😀

Yeah its pretty hot right now but we'll be getting snow soon 😩

• Posted

Hi aline93722, sorry to interupt you guys. How have you been doing with your Accutane treatment?
    • Posted

Im on my 2nd month and its going really good for me I stared seeing really fast result my face is just really dry but other then that its doing me well cause I would get cyst and I haven't gotten one or any acne so far

How's yours going?

• Posted

I have yet to see it since im just on my first week. Good you're having nice results now, it's a relief knowing i could be like that in the next couple of weeks. 

How many months you're ging to take it, and which dosage?

• Posted

Hello sorry about the late reply was late lastnight here I fell asleep

Feeling a little better today knowing there's lots of people going through it even though I feel like my face is a mess

How are you?

• Posted

You will be definitely feels so good seeing results I would get so upset at first until I saw results. I'm taking it for 4 months and 40mg
    • Posted

Its fine don't worry about it.

Yeah definitely know what you mean but soon enough you won't have to be feeling so down about your acne it will all be worth it and you'll have lovely skin(:

I'm doing fine just irritated every time I shower and get out the shower my face gets super dry and I feel very uncomfortable but I got something for the dryness now.

• Posted

Oh thank you, i feel good now hearing these things. So we should be positive always Tatum, our everyday mantra should be "patience, patience, and lots of patience".

• Posted

Yes be very positive you'll have lovely skin soon enough it will be so worth it (:
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the encouragement. You be safe always.

• Posted

You're welcome. You too good luck with your treatment (:
    • Posted

I suppose it's just a waiting game but like you say it'll all be worth it 😁

My face is always red everytime I have q shower and that's withou these tablets 🙈

Do you find you have no patience?? I'm very snappy with people at the moment

• Posted

Yeah it definitely is and yes we'll all be very happy with out new skin soon enough 😄 right my face get so irritated sometimes too especially when I try to put on some makeup 😩

Yeah that's how I've felt too I've also started experiencing that I have the urge to cry when I get mad I talked to my doctor about it but he said things like that happen while on these pills 😣 I also feel very sleep and lazy sometimes 😧

• Posted

I think make up can make it look worse don't you? I still wear it tho cos u feel better than without

I was crying yesterday 🙈 it was one of those days where it gets on top of you

Don't worry about your crying you'll soon be smiling when your skin it's back to its natural healthy self x

• Posted

It kinda does actually but I have scaring so I feel more confident if I wear makeup to cover it ): yeah we all have days like that its like we can't even control our crying sometimes 😣

Yeah hopefully these months fly by !

• Posted

I still wear it to because I have red marks 😔

The only way is up tho now I don't think things could get any worse so it's time to be positive 😁

• Posted

They'll go away soon enough and you won't even have to wear makeup stay very positive!

Definitely agree 😀😀

• Posted

Thank you!! Good luck with yours keep me updated on how it's going
    • Posted

You're welcome. I sure will you keep me updated too good luck with your treatment!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.