Hi everyone, I've just started roactuane feeling very depressed with my skin

Posted , 6 users are following.

found this group and its nice to know somebody understands ;( don't think I've ever felt so depressed in my life

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, i have just started too, it's my 4th day on 20mg and i have bad breakouts. I feel it's the worse breakout my entire life because it has puss inside and too red. I am even ashame to show up in the office now because of this. Anyway what we can do is just to wait for it to kick in, lot's of people already suffered the same thing and you are not alone. Don't get depressed ok, it will get better. 
    • Posted

Hello, hope your okay! I'm feeling the same today really don't want to go to work as make up is making them look worse 😤 I guess things will get better in the end it's just hard to be positive when I feel so crap
    • Posted

Yah you're right, it feels so damn irritating to see those eyes with questioning look. Let's hope for the best. 

I had been suffering for 10 yrs now but not this bad, however my older acne has left some scarring already. Some deep scars some just spots. Really hope it will also change a bit the appearance of those scars.

• Posted

Yes I get those looks to at work and it infuriates me as people don't understand how down it can make you feel

Hopefully yours will improve soon and you'll feel better

My brother had acne really bad and these tablets worked wonders for him although he has had 2 sets of laser treatments to help with his scars and that's working to!

Don't worry about scars they can be treated to

• Posted

True, that's what the dr told me too. Scars you need to worry later. But the worst part is im living in the middle east so imagine how humid here now.

You will get better too, they say we need to moisturize always. I have to go and buy some heavy moisturizer and lip balm.

How is your face now? Are you having some dry lips already and flaky skin?

• Posted

I suppose positivity is the key I need to keep telling myself that 😁

I haven't really got any side affects yet as its my third day although I'm sure they'll kick in soon

I wish I could just sleep through my treatment and wake up with fresh skin, wishful thinking aye 😄

• Posted

haha you bet. will both get intouch then on what would be the side effects, im having little dry lips now. What is the dosage of your meds?
    • Posted

I shall let you know once they kick in

I am 40mg for 4 months so fingers crossed I should be sorted by Christmas 😁😁 what about you?

• Posted

I am on 20mg now but the dr didnt told me until when, i think it depends how will my face respond to it. He only said minimum 3 mos. 

I also wish that it will go before Christmas time, bit excited bout the result.

• Posted

Fingers crossed you'll respond well

I'm excited to 😁 just imagine waking up and actually liking what you see in the mirror.. I can't wait!!

I've found this helps tho cos people who ha be had to experience this don't really understand

• Posted

Very true, hope for the best.

You take care ok, ill have to go and work a bit hehe.

• Posted

Hi there Tatum, how have you been? im on my 7th week but still im having bad bad breakouts, i don't know if this is still part of the IB. 

• Posted

OMG, as a mom of a 17YO with severe acne, I just told him yesterday his skin was looking so awesome! He's been on this for 3 months only- there are a few "divots" left, but I have all the faith that these will be outgrown eventually.

You MUST BE PATIENT, and abide by all the rules. Get your blood checked, hyrate, moisturize, use your chapstick, take the pills religiously. My son is in the home stretch- I know it's hard not, but it will all be worthwhile in the long run!!!

• Posted

PS, one month is totally not long enough. It took 3 for my son.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.