Hi everyone, im new to this forum, i cant take living anymore

Posted , 11 users are following.

Im 32 and suffer with depression and anxiety attacks iv never felt like this before and yet to get to see a GP about my problems.

I live alone and lead a very boring work all the time life. My problems seem to block out everything i have and cloud my judgment.

All i can see is no way out and with only one decision to make... "end it"

Im so scared about going to sleep at night due to horrific nightmares that seem so real,

Is life meant to be like this, am i better off dead and letting the more successful, more important people live out a comfortable life.

Eveyone says "things can only get better"

But in my mind my time on this planet has finished.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

trev you are not alone. We are here with you. Many of us feel the same way, understand you and want to know what can we do to make you feel better. If there is anything, let me know - from far away, but close to you,what can we do? Think what make you better? Let me help you to feel better now. 
    • Posted

I may not be online when/if you reply, but want to say this: consider us your family - people who feel as you do, and understand the difficulty and want to make it better for you. Sorry repeating myself, I am tired at the moment, but wanted to be here helping. Feel better now, please.

• Posted

Thankyou... my doctors appointment is this afternoon.

Ill keep you all posted

• Posted

Hi Trev. So sorry you feel this way it's awful and I've been there. Please make a doctor's appointment and explain how you feel. They may offer you medication that can help but please be aware they can take a few weeks to kick in. You may get offered counselling as well and or cbt. These could help a lot. You say your life is boring I felt that way when I was depressed I lacked motivation to do anything but go to work. Eventually I ended up going sick my head was a mess. Try a short walk every day. Keep in touch with friends and try to do things you enjoy or take up a new hobby. Keeping busy helps. You will get better. Good luck

• Posted

The hobbies i like i cant do because they are either too exspensive or out of reach.

I find myself in a massive hole and or going round in circles doing the same thing everyday.

• Posted

Some things are free, going for walks, cooking something different, join a library get some books..... unfortuntely there is no magic wand for depression. Hopefully the doc will help, but again meds and counselling is not an instant cure, you can be helped, you will get better but you must try and help yourself...... i hated walking now i make sure i get a walk in everyday and cook different things just to keep busy, try voluntary work you would meet others and also help others. You can do this......
  • Posted

Hi trev hope some good came from your appt.? X amanda x
    • Posted

Hi Amanda... yes the appointment was very emotional, i cried quite a bit.

CBT and medication, now on monthly reviews and therapy.

Joining a well being club to take up some old loved hobbies.. no change in mind set yet. Medication will take sometime to kick in

• Posted

Hi trev only just seen yr msg sorry for delay. Im awaiting cbt now & its usually emotional as it opens up boxes & cans of worms we wud rather kp closed. But i know we gotta do it to get well. Hope you like the club & take care xx

• Posted

Hi Amanda! Um not sure really still undergoing CBT but its been 3weeks since i started the treatment but i dont know how i should be feeling! Im suffering with a chest infection and a cold atm so feeling down. Still working etc!! Just trying to get on with normal life "as dull as it is". Hopefully once this infection and cold weather goes ill feel better.

I hope your well?x

• Posted

Ohh same hear physically not grt. Ear infection & cold etc. Xx im still awaiting my letter to start cbt so that can be bumpy @ the start. Good luck with tht & get well soon. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.