Hi everyone this is my second post and I'm looking for some more help with my PF

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had plantar fascia in both feet now for about 3 years and I've tried just about everything..stretches, ice bottle rolling, insoles, decent footwear, night splints, compression socks, air heel straps, taping and even putting my feet in iced water to try and increase new blood flow. I take painkillers but they do nothing and I can't take anti inflammatory tablets. However I did have ultrasound guided injections in both feet in November and wow the pain went away and I felt great but sadly it has now returned and once again I'm in agony and there's a 6 month waiting list to have done again. My doctor has asked me to go and see to discuss further treatment options and one being surgery to cut the PF. I'm wanting to know if anyone on here has had them cut and what the outcome was. Please help me I'll be grateful for any advice or other things to try.

Regards

jac69

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The doc I'm seeing said you can have these injections 3 times a year

I'm getting one tomorrow

If I was you I would see another doc for a shot

Six months waiting list is nuts

I'd just look in your town for a new doc

• Posted

Hi Ben

The waiting list is for the hospital doing ultrasound guided injections which did wondersfor me. My doctor has offered me the normal ones that go into the bottom of your heel but they never worked on me last time so don't see the point.

jac69

• Posted

Oh I got cha I'm just doing the regular shot tomorrow in foot

I didn't know about the other kind

• Posted

If you go private the ultrasound ones cost approx £250. Might be better than the op?  However, the injections are simply anti-inflammatory and not addressing underlying issue.... 

Have yuo had a food allergy test to see if you are allergic to something that may be causing the inflammation? Do you get tendon or ligament problems anywhere else?

• Posted

Hi there - what kind of injections did you have?  I had the PRP which seemed to help a bit, but the more I do and the more I stand the pain is really bad.  I have no clue what my next option will be but it's over a year that I have had this and its really really painful....

I hope someone can comment on if they have surgery or the Plasma rich injections and if it helped them.

I hope you feel better

• Posted

Hello. I know how u feel. I have had pain in both my feet for years (plantar fascia).. I had every treament possible... Nothing worked. I did have the plantar fascia surgery done. My left foot 3 months ago my right foot 1 month ago. I had laparoscopic done on both feet. I feel 100% better. I had surgery done on Monday and returned back to work the next Monday. I wish I had the option to do surgery way before I did.
  • Posted

Hello. I know how u feel. I have had pain in both my feet for years (plantar fascia).. I had every treament possible... Nothing worked. I did have the plantar fascia surgery done. My left foot 3 months ago my right foot 1 month ago. I had laparoscopic done on both feet. I feel 100% better. I had surgery done on Monday and returned back to work the next Monday. I wish I had the option to do surgery way before I did.
    • Posted

How in the world could you return to work so soon?  I was told there is a 3 week in a boot off your feet recoup time?   Where did you have this done?  and what other treatments did you try?
    • Posted

I had laparoscopic plantar fasciitis release done. I had cortisone shots done in the bottoms of my feet several times I tried to boot I tried sleeping in the boot I tried the taping of the seat I also tried $800 pair of orthopedic insoles and nothing worked I had my surgery done feel great now. I had my surgery done in Fort Collins Colorado if I had to do it again I would definitely do it again my dad had the surgery done also and has been a hundred percent happy
    • Posted

Keeping of the feet not seat
  • Posted

Hi Jac69

I suffered PF for several years and tryed everything the doc

could through at me until i found skechers shapeups the ones

with the rocking sole not the other ones because when you tread down on the sole it puts extra suport on the bridge of your foot, oh and they dont look weird when you have them on because

they compress and look flat to the floor, i bought mine when they where expensive but you can get them really cheep now but

make sure you get the right ones and you will need to use them pretty much all the time or the pain returns i have a pair of black trainer type and shoe and sandles so you can get diferent ones

but make sure they are the skechers shapeups and they are the

rocking sole i have bought other brands and the sole is to hard.

I have now been pain free for 5 years but if i try to wear other

shoes the pain returns but I think its a small price to pay for no

pain. I hope this helps

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your help on this. I will be looking for those shoes soon. I had not heard of them before. I will try anything.
  • Posted

I weare Sketcfhers Go Walk. Could not agree more ... think they are brilliant.  I wear them 80% of the time and occasionally wear the orthotics in my trainers but frankly i think Sketchers are a major reason my feet are OK.  Their turnover has doubled in last year so one can presume that lots of other people think so too... now have 3 pairs!   You can stick them in washing machine and they go everywhere with me. 
    • Posted

wish they made them in my size sad   11.5

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.