Hi everyone this is my second post and I'm looking for some more help with my PF

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had plantar fascia in both feet now for about 3 years and I've tried just about everything..stretches, ice bottle rolling, insoles, decent footwear, night splints, compression socks, air heel straps, taping and even putting my feet in iced water to try and increase new blood flow. I take painkillers but they do nothing and I can't take anti inflammatory tablets. However I did have ultrasound guided injections in both feet in November and wow the pain went away and I felt great but sadly it has now returned and once again I'm in agony and there's a 6 month waiting list to have done again. My doctor has asked me to go and see to discuss further treatment options and one being surgery to cut the PF. I'm wanting to know if anyone on here has had them cut and what the outcome was. Please help me I'll be grateful for any advice or other things to try.

Regards

jac69

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

12 is way too big - and in all the stores I have checked you can never find them and many styles are not available...however, the PF is getting alot better smile
  • Posted

You probabably go online and buy what you want
    • Posted

Hi Ben,

What makes you think that about us, we all have are own hard up storys i bought my Scetchers from my friends cataloge on the fingers crossed i was right about the sole of them and then paid her back weekly, this all came at a really bad time for me because my husband had been made redundent from work, a job he had been doing since he left school one that he was highly skilled in and it was a rare job to find. 3 years it took him to find work and not through lack of trying eventually he had to go abroad for a while till it picked up here.

So please think before you atack people that are just trying to help, I originally posted on here because I found some shoes that has helped me out of so much pain and I wanted to share my good news with someone else who may not have known that and they dont always need to have needles or an operation and you could try these shoes first. ☺

• Posted

Hi Ben

I just read you message again and I think I may have read it totaly out of context and am truly sorry for my previous message.🙊

• Posted

Hi jac69 - I may have mentioned that I had PRP injections about 11 weeks ago.  I can tell you that it was painful and took some time to work.  I am about 80% better which is really awesome for me.  I could barely walk getting out of bed or even go shopping for long periods of time.  I am a bit overweight so that does not help the body either, but I did loose 6 lbs recently and intend to loose a lot more.

If i set for too long, I have pain when I get up and walk.  I haven't got the really bad shooting pains in my heals like I was getting...that's a huge relief because they would just come out of nowhere.

I do have PF in both feet.

Good luck...

• Posted

I just mentioned you can buy them stretcher shoes online in your size

I was trying to help

No problem

• Posted

yeah - they don't make a lot of nice one in my size sad but its all good because with the PRP treatments I am getting so much better smile
    • Posted

What's prp injections

Mines back again after 2 weeks of one shot cortizone

Not as bad but it's hurting on and off

Actually feels better going bare foot

• Posted

Those shoes are so varied online, so I will have to see them for real in a shop and try them on to find what is best. I would pay those prices to get the comfort.

One heading on google said they do not cure PF, which is what I expected anyway, but it is worth it to get to live with the problem better and those shoes seem to be well approved of on this forum. I've got to go shopping for them.

Thanks to everyone for the information about them. biggrin

• Posted

PRP  Plasma Rich Protien Injections and I had Radio Frequency.  PRP is where they take you own blood, take out the inflammation cells and reinject into your feet.  Not a dangerous procedure at all.  I am about 70-80% better and that's a HUGH difference.  It did take some time though.  I have had PF in both feet for about 15 M.  I did phy therapy too - not sume how much that helped.  I bought sandals from "orthoheel" and they were fabulous.  The ones i bought from Fit Flop werent as good for me...You should def wear supportive shoes.  I also sleep with the foot stretcher for a few hours.

Good luck with all.

• Posted

Sounds expensive without insurance

I have to admit I haven't done the stretches

I would think laying carpet I would be stretched enough

I'll have to force myself to stretch

You'd think this would go away by now

What a pain in the butt

• Posted

Yeah, I forgot about the insurance, luckily mine was covered.  But the stretches do help.  I have it in both feet   - left is worse - I just went shopping and now I can barely walk... good luck
  • Posted

Fit Flops are good too... they have 3 sorts of foam which rock under your foot and distribute the weight. I also think switching around helps... eg.I wear Sketchers Go Walk (a lot of the time) but wear Fit Flops in house and orthotics on hikes (but take my Sketchers Go Walks with me just in case).  Just bought my sis some Sketchers today as she came to stay and could not believe how i was now whizzing round.  

However, i also think diet is mega... sis has been staying for 2 weeks and eating what i eat and her feet are tons better this week ... get enough vits and mins and omega 3 to give the body chance to heal... lots of veggies and fruit every day and salmon/fish really seem to help heal things.  Lower the wheat sugar and dairy for a bit... the inflammation is a chemical process and the bdy will heal itself given the right stuff.

If i do lots of exercise, i also ice them afterwards so it doesnt flare back up. Been PF free for 8 months now; Sesamoiditis free for 2 and achiles issues gone in one foot and nearly gone in the other.  

Combo of swimming (Lots), ice, exercises from physio, diet and Sketchers seems to work for me. Hope it works for others.   Needs commitment - i just determined to get fit and healthy and well again.   DIdnt want to get to feel old and unhealthy yet or to get OA in feet so just went for it big time to cure myself. SWimming seems to be great as non weight bearing and you get to flex feet a lot which seems to heal them. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.