Hi guys looking for advice, am 36 n just been diagnosed with peri menopause on monday.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi guys looking for advice, am 36 n just been diagnosed with peri menopause on monday.  The insomnia night sweats and moods have been awful these last 2 months. I am finding it hard to cope. I am running a business with all this going on the doctors have gave me sleeping tablets as just had a marina coil removed.  So cant start me on treatment fir 4 weeks, am going down the herbal route its the no sleeping i cant cope with. X 

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Laura, hugs to you, im 41 and in the same boat, just has the worst couple of months, night sweats, mood swings, nausea, blurred vision, dizziness, and brain completely scrambled...it’s awful isn’t it? Are you still having periods? My last few have been completely irratic so am hoping to go on hrt on Monday. I think you just have to be kind to yourself, take time off, excercise and know that this period is hopefully short lived. I’m trying to eat well, and have a bubble bath every night and read and keep busy during the day to distract myself, I’ll let you know what my doctor says on Monday x
    • Posted

I'm so sorry Karen, have some of the exact same symptoms and know how hard it is. Does yours come at any point in your cycle or is it all random? Hugs to you!

• Posted

THanks LIsa, means soooo much to hear from women going through this, none of my friends really understand - looks like I’m the guinea pig! I seems to get symptoms on my period and the week after, and also sometimes in the week around ovulating as well, so basiacally anytime where the hormones drop, I’m actually always great the week before my period! At the moment I feel like I have symptoms for most of the month and I just feel awful- very much like early pregnancy, but I’m definitely not pregnant! So im opting for hormones espicially as I’m still young, see absolutely no reason not to, hope you feel better x
    • Posted

I'm the same. Most of my worse symptoms being between my period and ovulation. Please keep me posted as to your hormones and how they work for you. I'm at the same stage you are...just trying to figure out if there is any way for relief! Thanks for responding.

• Posted

Thanks Lisa it’s good to know I’m not the only one that gets post rather than pre menstrual tension - have you been experiencing nausea as well? I wake up wanting to wretch and I keep forgetting what I was doing - tends to ease of a bit during the day, though when it lifts I feel fine for a week or 2, so I just keep thinking hang in there, keep calm carry on, do some excercise and chat to the lovely ladies on the forum and you will get through x
  • Posted

I use essential oils for help with menopause and all it’s symptoms.  Lavender is great for sleep!  Progessence is great for hot flashes, moodiness.  I swear by them ???? 

• Posted

Perfect wil buy some today am at my witts end, the crying and moods are mental. Its like an outer body experience. X 
  • Posted

Hi Laura I'm 39 and been going through symptoms for 3 years now it's exhausting. doctors still won't say it's perimenopause as my period is still regular it's much lighter though and only for 2 days. they thinking too young!!! night sweats exhausted bad anxiety low mood aches digestion problems chest pain. I feel like hypochondriac lol.

• Posted

Hi Vicky, I think I’m at the same stage as you - just had a very light period that only lasted 3 days, so hoping it’s the beginning of the end! Though I’m feeling worse than ever - have you got nausea? I get it constantly during my period and the week after, and then I get relief from it for about 10 days before it comes back again. I had blood test done and all my hormones were in the low end of the range, except fsh which was higher so hopefully that will be enough to justify hrt, I would recommend that you do that and analyse the results yourself based on where they should be at the time in the cycle as doctors only really know how to diagnose post menopause x
    • Posted

Hi vicky i think i am peri i am almost 47 drs say maybe but cant fully say. my anxiety is bad and my periods are sometimes every 3 weeks then 5 weeks then normal.  I keep feeling nausea and have  digestive problems like belching, and cramping. I ache all over and feel tired and very very moody and so anxious.  What digestive problems do you experience? x
    • Posted

I get chest pain Amanda and my anxiety kept making me like it was my heart and i would get panicky Dr told me it was all heartburn I've become gluten intolerant and can't eat corn either. my upper chest and arms ache when i eat but annoyingly it's worse when I don't eat. same as you I ache all over constantly tired and fed up. I'm tired all day then get an energy burst at night when I should be going to bed. it's all a vicious circle that can drive you crazy xx

• Posted

I have been like that been going to  doctors november about this, they were saying its stress and depression. My periods were all over the place for 4 years then got the marina coil fitted.  Its crazy you feel like your not in your own body some days xx
    • Posted

Amanda, if you are prescribed omeprazole for the belching etc, please read the side effects. There's a forum on this site.  Long story, but I was similar to you, told it was gastritis and then the omeprazole led me to this site. Hope it settles for you soon x

• Posted

I was given omneprazole and it did help but I was scared to keep using it do the side effects.
  • Posted

Try passionflower and super strength sage. They worked for me for a while. Read up on the passionflower.

Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.