Hi guys looking for advice, am 36 n just been diagnosed with peri menopause on monday.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi guys looking for advice, am 36 n just been diagnosed with peri menopause on monday.  The insomnia night sweats and moods have been awful these last 2 months. I am finding it hard to cope. I am running a business with all this going on the doctors have gave me sleeping tablets as just had a marina coil removed.  So cant start me on treatment fir 4 weeks, am going down the herbal route its the no sleeping i cant cope with. X 

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I bet it is hard specially when you have to work like me.  I can’t quit yesterday I began itching at work I was mad but it went away thank goodness.  I am not meno but I have peri symptoms and I ask my mom and she told me she did the natural stuff and I am gonna do it too.
  • Posted

Laura, I'm curious how you were diagnosed. My symptoms started a year ago at 36. Went thru the ringer with testing to find nothing. Took me 6 months to see the link with my cycle. This month I had bad mood swings, weepiness, etc. I ovulated and then my weepiness lifted. That tends to be the trend with me. No Dr will entertain peri with my age (37). This cycle my period was 3 days and much lighter. My period ends and inget instant symptoms. I chart so i see the symptoms start with the surge in estrogen. Cycles have been all over the place. I get a weird off balance/ spaced out feeling randomly thru the month. Breast tenderness, tinnitus, stomach issues, random body pain, insomnia, night sweats etc. I'm wondering if it's peri for me or just something whacking up my hormones. Curious of your experience since we're both On the young side.

• Posted

Lisa i went to see the doctor at hospital to marina coil out, told her all my symptons n she told me  i am 99 percent peri menopause to go back to my own doctor, and to see her in again in 4 weeks.   No blood test can diagnose  peri menopause. I have all the symptoms xx 
  • Posted

The same here! Awful symptoms, insomnia, night sweats and body aches. I’m 42, a bit older than you and on hrt. I highly recommend HRT, it gave my life back and I’m grateful for that. You are not alone! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.