Hi. I'm new to this forum and hip replacements.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a THR 12 days ago and would love suggestions as to how to cope with buttock cramp after doing some of the exercises - it is so painful that I have to stop. I'm a sufferer from cramp anyway and on quinine on a daily basis. Also it would be good to hear what is 'average' recovery at this stage and then weekly through to 6 and then 13 weeks. I'm on crutches, managing stairs and can walk a little using one crutch only - but not for long. I'm following the physios advice re exercise but any tips would be very helpful. Thanks

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Pippyj,

I had the crumpx and spasums before op and also after operation. I got

From doctor. Tablets for musles relaxing and the tablets help.

.i did not have the crumps and spasums so often . You in and early stage just 12 days after hip replecement give the time and take it easy. Every body heeling difrently. I wentback to work after 14 weeks and i will be 7 months 10 of May and I stil getting spusum and crums some time . All dipend what I do and how long I stay on my feed, working in nursing home. Do your excersice, walk, rest when you need It.Listen your body . When you go

see the doctor mentioned to him about crumps ,perhaps he will give you something for crumps. I have crumps in opsite leg and hip but my

opsite hip need to be done as well and hopefully soon. Im ocesionely still take the tablets crums and spasums. I hope it was litle bit helpful for you. Take one day at the time.

Heeling hug Madla💗

• Posted

dear madla, 

I love your comments and am proud of you how you give so much support to others ...it was/is not easy for you to be so far away from home and family -  I think that the people you nurse are very lucky to have you - 

do you already know when you will have the other hip done?

take care of yourself okay ... you are number one !

angel kisses

• Posted

Hi my dear Renee, I don't know yet hopefully soon. Hip getting

worse and plus I have some infection ,some ulcer on my face , I

got antibiotics very strong to clear it up. Probably run down work so hard and plenty hours this month's. Renee you give much more support than I do. Truly I would not get trough with first hip replecement without you and this forum. You give me so much

support and soon I will need support with next hip. Take care

Big hug MADLA. ?💗

• Posted

Thank you Madia. I am listening to my body and also sorting out the cramp. Doing better every day. Thanks again
  • Posted

Hi Pippi

Your doing well. Please remember that you have had a major operation. It's early days. It can take a year to fully recover.Please. consider hydrotherapy & Reflexology, both very good. Regards Amanda

• Posted

Hi Amanda. Thanks. I know it's early days and am (mostly!) doing as I'm told. Resting when necessary and doing all the exercises. Getting better on a daily basis. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.