Hi I recently had a ct scan and they said they seen a mass on my colon does that 4 sure mean cancer?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am extremely nervous when the doc that is doing the colonoscopy called me back said the mass was a decent size. I said to him does it 4 sure mean cancer he said he can't say for sure until he goes in and sees he was trying to reassure me but I dident really feel reassured rolleyes . I have been so stressed out I haven't been able to eat or sleep I've had diarrhea sometimes like thin pencil shaped idk if I just noticed that because I looked up symptoms n now I'm scared but my anxiety is through the roof. The word mass scares me to death.

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Joan

You sound just like me.  Sending you prayers for strength and that you will deal with it whatever the Dr tells you.  

Praying that it isn't cancer so that your mind will feel the relief you are wanting.  

?? Marlene 

• Posted

Marlene did u go though something similar I am terrified! I can't eat I can't sleep. Now I feel like my neck is swelling up. I have mucus in my stool the doc saying I have a mass and it's a decent size scares me so bad I can not even tell u! I have never been so scared. I'm scared I'm gonna die. I'm praying he can tell me something Tue when I go. I heard when they send it out it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get the resaults back I am gonna be going insane with worry. I'm trying to hide this worry from my 3 boys but it's so hard they see I'm worried they r 12 n older. I have prayed to god every night that this is not cancer I'm just so scared 😢

• Posted

No Joann but I too get overly frightened about everything.  Ive had major health issues the past 2 years.  I can just relate to your anxiety over what the Dr said.  I too make myself sick with anxiety and worry.  I cant tell you how to stop doing that but I can just relate to obsessing over what the Dr said.  

Try to get our for a walk, I've been waiting to hear your results. Remember you may be just fine and are putting yourself thru unnecessary stress.  

Prayers that all is well. Let us know what the Dr finallly said to you.   I'm feeling you're gonnna be ok! 

• Posted

I hope so Marlene. I'm praying. I've never talked to someone that was told they have had a mass before I mean many have said they have had polyps but never had a ct scan that first told them they had a mass. God is def testing me I just hope he knows I won't beable to handle cancer. Please pray for me that I will b ok. ?

• Posted

Joann 

Try googling your questions.  Google answers most questions we have.  

• Posted

Marlene I have been on Google sense Friday I'm not sure that made it better for me prolly made it worse. I think it made my anxiety worse I read alot of bad things. I try to look up the good but always see the bad. N then I get more scared. Even the couple things I just asked hank I googled I can't really find def answers for. My doc is always like stay off Google you r gonna make yourself worse n sometimes I think I do rolleyes

• Posted

I don't think our Lord is testing you but illness is part of life.  Your mass may not be cancerous.  You've got me worrying fir you and trust me I'm a worrier.  Yes I will pray for you and do hope the Dr calls sooner with results so you need not be so anxious.  Praying that all is well and that whatever this is is not something that you'll need to fear.  

I wish I could help you not worry but as I said, I worry everyday about something.  My health has been poor for two years and I'm more than tired of feeling unwell.  

I'm thinking of you and will be standing by to hear what the Dr said.  

• Posted

Ty Marlene! I'm sorry u go through anxiety also I was diagnosed with illness anxiety hyprocondria. About 6 or 7 months ago it's like 1 day and my whole life was changed it's been horrible. I would really like to ty for responding to me so much it really means alot to me. It's nice to have someone to talk to i do have a great husband that is there for me but I feel like sometimes he needs a break I try n give him 1 but I kno he just sees the stress in me as I sit here. It's just consuming me I just want so bad for my resaults to come back good. I wish more people would have responded that maybe woulda had this experience that were told they had a mass and what happend or had a story similar to mine I feel so alone and scared 😢

• Posted

try to hang in there.  People are busy , I'm telling you to try and be positive.  I'm out here... praying you'll be well soon JoAnn. 

• Posted

Joann

I have no medical background to translate what the report means into everyday language.  When is the Dr going to go over it with you?  Prayers that it is something easily handled. 

• Posted

I just wanted to let everyone kno I was called back with my results. Well....i was supposes to call Fri for my followup so I did and they told me the doc wanted me to come in on Monday so of course I panicked n asked if the doc could call me so I wouldn't have to wait through the weekend and he was nice enough to do so. He said NO CANCER! I can not tell u how relieved I was I started to cry I was so relieved. He said if I wouldn't have had the ct scan it would have turned to cancer so thank God I got the scan done! I do still have to go on Monday for my followup I'm assuming he still wants to talk to me about how I will have to have my routine colonospies. I'm assuming I'll have to go every year or every e years? I just wanted to say ty ty for all the prayers that were said for me I appreciate it so much! For some crazy reason I'm still nervous about Monday but I guess that's normal. Thank you everyone! ??

• Posted

Ty so much! ? still have 2 go Mon but like I said I'm sure that's just to tell me how I will now need to have colonospies routine.

• Posted

So good to hear JoAnn.  Now your mind can be at peace.  Wonderful, great news.  

Marlene

• Posted

Ty Marlene idk y but I'm still nervous about my follow up tom I think it's just nerves

• Posted

You will be fine tomorrow.  You don't have cancer, everything else now is just a follow up.   You got thru the hard stuff.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.