Hi I recently had a ct scan and they said they seen a mass on my colon does that 4 sure mean cancer?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am extremely nervous when the doc that is doing the colonoscopy called me back said the mass was a decent size. I said to him does it 4 sure mean cancer he said he can't say for sure until he goes in and sees he was trying to reassure me but I dident really feel reassured rolleyes . I have been so stressed out I haven't been able to eat or sleep I've had diarrhea sometimes like thin pencil shaped idk if I just noticed that because I looked up symptoms n now I'm scared but my anxiety is through the roof. The word mass scares me to death.

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had same thing I'm 22 now I was 18 he told me he thought it was cancer so off my experience I'd say they'd have done the same. Turns out I have BAD scar tissue binding everything together and a apparent rare issue which means my body makes FAR to much bile which leaks into my bowel causing adenomas and pre cancerous growths and acts like a laxative and has (possibly) contributed to me being very early chrons disease stage. Honest in my opinion don't worry until you know. 4 years I've had several colonoscopies endoscopes Mri X-rays scans nuclear tests and unless they say they're worried I'm not worried. What I have to do is get checked via stool samples ALOT to measure my calprotectin ( inflammation in bowel ) and when it gets high then they can finally diagnose and act. I hope you have the same outcome. I was told I had abnormal mass on a colonoscopy. They worded it HORRIFCLY. It was an adenoma. Tiny tiny thing. I see mass as a huge thing but apparently not in dr terms. I hope you are ok 

• Posted

Abi I found out mine was just a big polyp very big 4cm but it was not cancer thank God! They said if I would have not gotten it taken care of it most likely would have turned to cancer. Hopfully u r feeling better.
  • Posted

So I had my follow up today. So super scary he said my polyps were precancerous and said that 4cm one could have changed anytime within days or months I'm not sure who was watching over me but I am so very thankful! I do have 2 go for another colonoscopy in 6 months to make sure that nothing has grown baxk and then after that he said prolly every 3 years but I don't even care if it's every year I'd probably feel more comfortable if it was every year. If anyone feels there is something wrong never hesitate go get checked I actually thought something was wrong with my pancreas and they came upon this I consider myself very lucky. Ty everyone for all of your prayers I am very thankful to everyone on this forum. I have made some friends on here that are very caring people.?

• Posted

Joann

Glad to hear you caught everything in time and now you'll just need checkups to be sure everything is still fine.    You take care and enjoy your  family.   It's been my pleasure corresponding with you.  

• Posted

Your very welcome!  Just glad everything turned out as well as it did!  
  • Posted

I think if the Dr knew for sure it was cancer they would have started treatments for cancer first. There are masses that are not cancer. They will have to do a biopsy to see what is going on.
    • Posted

Hi Victoria this post waa from awhile ago I just now seen u responded the doc did think it was cancer but did not kno for sure so he removed it it was a polyp that turned out to b precancerous thank God he said I must have had someone watching over me. I have to go back in 6 months just to male sure nothing has grown back so I'm so thankful. Everybody on here has been so helpful to me I have met some very nice people. Praying in 6 months everything else stays good ty for your response! ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.