Hi im on day 3 of citrilopram 10mg and getting horrible burning sensations through my body

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had this burning feeling in my body and im on 3 rd day of taking 10 mg of citrilopram is this a side effect or the anxiety worried much

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tammy I am on 20mg cit for 6 weeks now and I have experienced that burning sensation on my hands and feet on week 2 and it did go away so just hang in there it will get better

Good Luck!

• Posted

I am on day 7 and had this start around day 3 also. I even made a post here on day 4 about it all.

Its less now than it was! Hang in there.

• Posted

Yea it did me and still is abit. But it does get better. I have started taking mine on a night first time last night because i couldnt handle the effects i was having after taking the pill.

But after reading countless posts here and seeing that everyone was the same and once it kicks in they feel better, I decided to keep at it.

• Posted

I dont know if its the tablets or the panic attacks cus its not there all the tym
    • Posted

It could be both. As it gets worse before it gets better, and it does get better, I went out 3 times yesterday and didnt feel panicky once. Yet the day before when I went out I panicked the whole time. And today I dont feel much anxiety at all.

Folks said the first 1-2 weeks are like hell but worth it smile

• Posted

I rang docs he said it could b tablet or the anxiety if no better in a few days to go back it feels like it only comes on when i think about it doc also said dont take it on an empty tummy cus it can cause acid
    • Posted

This bloody burning doing my head in and think im due on a period has well and was a little worried that the tablets have made me bleed all thoughts goin threw my head
  • Posted

I had exactly the same thing. It was pretty scary.

Get yourself to the doctor.

It's nothing to worry about - just a really unpleasant side effect.

I was given a low dose of diazepam it really really helped me get through it. And at such a low dose for such a short time its perfectly safe

• Posted

I rang docs this morning he said it could b either the tablet or the anxiety if no better in a few days to go back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.