Hi im on day 3 of citrilopram 10mg and getting horrible burning sensations through my body

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had this burning feeling in my body and im on 3 rd day of taking 10 mg of citrilopram is this a side effect or the anxiety worried much

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi tammy I'm on day 4 after being prescribed 10mg for my Irritable bowel syndrome and I too had the burning feeling on day 2 but in my face felt like it was on fire!! Suffering with nausea the most it's driving me mad really hope these side effects disappear soon as I'm too scared to keep taking them. Took one before bed last night and woke with a terrible headache

Michelle

• Posted

I rang docs today he said it mite not b the tablet but mite b tje anxiety its not there all the tym only when i think about it docs told me to c how i go in next few days but its nothin to worry about
  • Posted

Do you feel nauseas at all? Think that's what's putting me off taking them but don't want to stop as I suffer with health anxiety

Michelle

• Posted

Not suffering with nausea no r u being sick or just feel sick r u eatin ok and e u getting any other symptoms
    • Posted

Not being sick but a constant feeling of nausea, waking with headaches and loss of appetite. Also feeling down in the dumps and can't stop yawning. My sister is on 40mg for extreme anxiety and she's not suffered any side effects. I'm not going to take another one tonight as my sleep was also disturbed and it's horrible feeling like this and seeing to 3 kids 😩 I'm going to go back to the GP tomorrow

• Posted

I had the nausea michk, it has tapered off now ( day 8 ) I had a loss of appetite also but now its back. I have severe health anxiety also so I know how you feel but please believe me, it does get better.
    • Posted

I really feel like giving up I hate feeling like this and it's only been 4 days but I have a phobia of vomiting so it's making my anxiety worse being worried about this nausea. I have been snacking on ginger biscuits and taking peppermint capsules for my IBS hoping it will settle.

• Posted

I was on the ginger biscuits too haha!

If you click my name I posted a discussion on day 4 also I almost gave up!

It is hard but think about it in the long run, and the tablets start working it makes it worth it

• Posted

I've bit the bullet and took another one 😩 I'm dreading every minute after taking them. Bloody hell my anxiety is through the roof since starting these!! Think il speak with GP if the nausea is the same tomorrow.

• Posted

Vicious cycle isnt it. Taking them for anxiety yet it causes anxiety because of being anxious to take them! I hope they kick in for you soon. I have just taken my 8th also
    • Posted

I'm lying in bed trying not to think about the side effects😩 took it at 8 and I'm already yawning! Fingers crossed the nausea eases off and hope you feel ok soon too!

• Posted

I rang docs today he advised me not to take them on a empty tummy cus it can cause acid and i only get the burning the more i think about it
    • Posted

Fine at the minute, its hard to explain its like I want to be anxious but I just cant. Its like the pill stops it
    • Posted

No just the burning and not sleeping and loss of appitite
    • Posted

Yea sign they are working. Burning a little at the minute but not as bad. Last night I had the worst night sweats of my life but its managable and the past 2 nights I have only woken up 1 time. As for appetite it is back with a vengence.
    • Posted

Im in bed now hopin for a good nite sleep and a good day tomoro

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.