Hi im on day 3 of citrilopram 10mg and getting horrible burning sensations through my body

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had this burning feeling in my body and im on 3 rd day of taking 10 mg of citrilopram is this a side effect or the anxiety worried much

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tammy I was on citalopram for severe postpartum anxiety after a miscarriage in 07.I had started out in clomeprimine and stayed on that for a yr and it stopped working doc switched me right over to citalopram and was up to 40 mg in two weeks with no real trouble!I weaned off over 4 yrs after my regular doc said not to take it with my next pregnancy!I had been on 10 mg in 2014 so I stopped.Now all my anxiety is back and tried to go back on citalopram with 10 mg and only lasted 2 days.I had burning hot flushes like bad burning in my arms and face that would come in waves throughout day and my anxiety was high I was restless and felt inner agitation and woke up in panic and paced around feeling to restless!I stopped after two pills and had symptoms for 6 weeks of increased anxiety and trouble sleeping and the burning stopped though after third day of stopping pills!My doc wants me to try again starting off dose at 2.5 mg and I have been scared to restart!They helped me Sooo much the last time not sure why this happened the second time and I am afraid to restart

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.