Hi just newly diagnosed with LS and glad of advice.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wondering if anyone has been given causes of this disease - does it seem to be hereditary for most?  So many questions..

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there Annie! 

It seems that the "causes" have finally been resolved. A couple stick out: worldwide  epidemic of Autoimmune diseases appear to have several things in common. an equally massive pandemic of Vitamind D deficiency as well as rampant LEaky Gut syndrome. Refined SUGAR is behind most of the leaky gut part and the fact that we all live in indoors and or have thyroid issues.

Take a read of the research i did the last couple weeks. OH, I'm Nancy by the way, age 72 american.  Welcome to this list of great women figuring things out for ourselves as it's not a very well known disease.  Glad you found a doc who kne what you had. 

Maintenance/Recovery Premise from Lichen Sclerosus

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/maintenance-recovery-premise-from-lichen-sclerosus-635047

Nutritional Support Protocol for Autoimmune Diseases

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/nutritional-support-protocol-for-autoimmune-diseases-636963

• Posted

Thank you Nancy. A real learning curve. Just wondering what your opinion is on borax baths as treatment- something I've been reading about? 

• Posted

Hi Annie,

I don't use borax but I do use regular baking soda and it makes my privates feel wonderful! I put 1 cup into the bath and soak for 15 to 30 minutes. While soaking that is a great time to gently work on any fusing you have by gently pulling these areas back and apart to help stop further fusing.  After soaking, I make sure to rinse off and put cream on my body to seal in moisture. Be sure to use your steroid after you towel off to help the steroid penetrate better. If it isn't a steroid day then rub your barrier ointiment on to lock in the moisture and help with healing. Baking soda has helped heal my skin so well. I also noticed that I don't get pimples on my back anymore, so this was a great benefit as well.

• Posted

Hi Annie.. ah, yes... they are very soothing and I had one just last night... i LOVE baths especially in the winter months.  Many women here will tell the same about borax baths. 

After reading everything I could find on borax I've come to the conclusion that it is a needed mineral and there is a boron deficiency rivaling other worldwide deficiencies (think lost topsoil and GMO etc).  I've decided for myself that I will incorporate the little bit of borax in my breakfast water for the rest of my life.  Some of the borax research includes it for arthritis healing/preventative.   

• Posted

Thank you Nancy - will have to get my hands on some pure borax and give it a try! 
    • Posted

Ah... Annie are you in the UK? 

I hear that 20 Mule Team Borax is not sold there. I'm in the U.S. If the shipping and stuff is prohibitive (or even if not), just to let you know that I've found castor oil to be just as soothing externally as borax bathes.   

I mentioned to folks last week, that you can also get boron in a trace mineral liquid supplement called ConcenTrace Trace Minerals  for taking it internally.  

• Posted

You're so helpful Nancy- yes I am in the U.K.  It does seem difficult to get pure borax so the advice on castor oil is much appreciated- thanks again ! 

• Posted

Hi Nancy , when you say alittle bit in your breakfast water,I'm thinking maybe teaspoon in a small glass. .?

• Posted

Oh! Pat,  please go look up the Borax information on this site.. oh, and I repeated it in my Nutritional protocol...

I just picked up what someone wrote up who has been doing it for years. 

Ah, it is 1 teaspoon in a quart/liter of water along with 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt Powder.  Then, take one or 2 teaspoons of the concentrate once or twice day in a bit of water. store it in a cool place. the quart will last months or something like that. The Pink Salt has abou 84 traceminerals in it which is part of the health balancing. 

• Posted

Hi Annie

There does seem to be a fair amount of pure borax online- it’s sold to make kids slime if all things! You can get the mule one also but it’s expesive for postage!

Nancy- would pure borax be ok to use?

Thanks

Sally

• Posted

yes as far as I know - al it means is that some goverment agency has "approvd" it for certain uses. 

• Posted

Hi Nancy,thank you so kindly for the guidance . I'm now on the lookout for pink salt,never heard this before.take care xx.

• Posted

do you have a local health food store or Coop anywhere around? The Himalayan Pink Salt can be found there. 
    • Posted

Hi Nancy.found pink salt . Do I mixed one teaspoon of borax & one teaspoon of salt in a litre of water. Then from this litre use one or two teaspoons with another small amount of different water.

• Posted

HI Pat,

yes, that is the solution for the maintence dose, but here is the write up from Troy at anotehr website: 

"To cure your lichen sclerosus you take the borax internally (don't worry, it's actually safe when taken as directed). Add 1/8th of a teaspoon of borax powder and 1/8th of a teaspoon of Himalayan pink rock salt powder to one liter of clean (warm) filtered water. Drink this solution in small amounts throughout the day (eg, 50 ml's taken twenty times throughout the day = 1 liter). You can also mix each dose with extra water to dilute if you find it too strong. This one liter solution should be all gone by the time you go to bed. Continue to do this 6 days a week for a two week period before dropping back to the permanent "maintenance" dose (to keep your lichen sclerosus away for good!)

For your maintenance dose, mix up 5 grams (roughly one teaspoon) of borax and 5 grams of Himalayan pink rock salt in one liter of filtered water. THIS NOW BECOMES YOUR CONCENTRATED SOLUTION. Store in your pantry for safe keeping. Take 5-10 ml's of this concentrated solution in a glass of filtered water once to twice daily indefinitely (yes, for the rest of your life!) So for clarification, this concentrated solution (maintenance solution) should last you anywhere between 50 & 100 days if you're taking it correctly. " 

• Posted

Hello Nancy,thank u kindly for info,starting my new regime tomorrow xxxx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.