Hi just newly diagnosed with LS and glad of advice.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wondering if anyone has been given causes of this disease - does it seem to be hereditary for most?  So many questions..

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hormone deficiencies are often to blame... Ive heard of thyroid complications affecting LS. I personally was low on estrogen when my LS was in its worst stages. I changed the birth control that I was on to one with high estrogen and my symptoms are a lot more manageable and I rarely have flare ups! Try some vitamins.
    • Posted

Tanks, Ashley1

This has been a confusion for me as I' was working up the nutritional protocol. I saw so much assumption that LS implied too much estrogen. and some of the nutrition works to recude estrogen. 

WO, now I think I'll ask my Doctor to test my estrogen levels. I wonder if there is a standard for postmenopausl women? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.