Hi, Menapause Misery

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've suffered ALL perimenopause symptoms  for 7 years including crying everyday now into 8th year & menapause has arrived, surely crying for 8 years is abnormal!!! I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I feel Robbed of my creativity, joy, peace & hope. Having to force myself to function as a normal human being. Struggle just to do ordinary things, gained alot of weightt, mood swings, headaces, nightmares, aggresive, tearful, anxious, lost interest in everything and all the things I loved doing, no passion, no desire, talk to people and don't know what I'm saying sometimes, insomia, depession, had the memory loss & forgetfulness, lost interest to do my hair, make-up, just chuck anything on as long as it's clean, every thing feels like it's a hard slog and effort. The list goes on.

WHEN,WHEN will this END? MISS being vibrant, fun. laughing, enthusiasm, creativity and lots of other good things.

Tried over the counter vitamins ect, doctor told me dangers of HRT and gave me anti-depressant,s which I haven't taken do not want to get addicted. I thank the Lord God for carrying me through this nightmare, without Him I would be on my sofa each and everyday crying and given up. 

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Karen, you sound JUST like me, my only real alarm comes from your post that you have been dealing with this for 8 years, I have been going through this for 1 year and it feels like an eternity. I echo every comment, I am seriously thinking about doing the anti-depressants. I am very depresed because I deal with a symptom every day, the other thing is I worry that some of it is not menopausal but something serious and bad. I only feel a little solace that its not because it ALL started at the same time and I have had labs done. I have been to the dr, at least 4 times and I feel like a hypocondraic 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.