Hi, new to Orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I have just been prescribed Orlistat by my GP as I have an underactive thyroid and have been gaining weight for 18 months after having an endometrial ablation. I have been dieting however I either do not loose at all or I actually gain weight! My GP has recommended that I try this to see if I can shift some of the weight.

Are there any members still on here? It seems that a lot of the posts are from some time ago. It would be nice to share experiences with someone.

Nia 😃

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Edited

hi there.... it took me a while before i felt like i started to loose weight but once i did it came off steady and i lost 5 stone on about a year... good luck with your journey.... xxxx

• Edited

hi i just for prescribed yesterday so we could keep in touch see how we get on x

• Posted

Hi Dianne,

I've decided to hold off starting the Orlistat because the very common side affects were an upper respiratory infection and then common was a lower respiratory infection so I was concerned that with everything going on at the moment, I wouldn't be able to tell what symptoms were from what 😦

Nia x

• Posted

hi i didnt see those side effects when reading up on it i started mine yesterday fingers crossed all goes ok x

• Edited

hi ive started taking them today, fingers crossed they work x

• Posted

Well done Dianne, that is great. I've isolated for 14 days now so I'm going to start them today so I know that any side effects are purely that and nothing more 😃

• Posted

Good luck Kirstie! I am starting today too. I'd held off as the side effects were respitory infections and I didn't want to confuse them with covid so now that I have been isolating I feel safe starting them. Fingers crossed for us x

• Posted

hi i had a bad day yesterday so starting to take them from tomorrow. not sure how many calories to consume each day.

I have at least 3 stone to lose

• Posted

hi i use my fitness app as it shows how many cals and fat you can have i never have all the fat but make sure its 5% or less per 100 grammes

• Posted

I'm not using my fitness pal but I am also ensuring that whatever I eat is less than 5g fat per 100g of the item. I was on slimming world previously so I'm basing my eating on that x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.