Hi would appreciate any information

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, just diagnosed last month with PMR and am on 20mg of pred.  I have noticed a vertical indentation from the top/hairline running down my forehead.  It's not another wrinkle or line but definately an indentation.  It's been there for a couple of weeks now and it has got longer in size.  I have used search engines but really cannot find an awful lot about it.  

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Pat,

it's me, again.

when I was looking for my indentation, I forgot where it was, and, this afternoon, It reappeared ( I was looking for it in the wrong place)

mine is on the meeting of the upper and lower jaw.

i think it's probably due to taking pred. And I doubt my doc would be able to tell me anything.

Please let me know what your doc says.

thanks,

barb

• Posted

Hi Barb, this indentation thing seems to be catching lol.  I surely will let you know as soon as I find out.  
  • Posted

Hi there! I stumbled across your forum when searching for answers regarding my own forehead indentation. I do not have PMR, but a few months ago I noticed an indentation on the left side running from my hair line to the inner edge of my eyebrow. I have had an x-ray with zero skull abnormalities, but am showing I am lacking sinus tracks on the left side of my head. I have an appt with an ENT and a dermatologist to see why this is there or if it correlates with my sinus tracks. Have you found any answers regarding yours? Would love any feedback. Thanks!
    • Posted

Hi Carey, I'm just getting to you now.  The indentation is still there and I had mentioned it to the Rheumy 2015 and he didn't know.  So I have no answers.  My skin is so so fine/thin on my forehead.  The rest of my face is fine, very few wrinkles may I add.  If you get any answers please let me know.  Regards Pat

• Posted

Hi pat38625

Did you ever receive help with this, my daughter has the same thing and we are desperately looking for answers? 

Thank you.

• Posted

Hi ms.33418  I had forgotten all about the indentation on my forehead, so I had to get a mirror and look and yes it is still there.  No answers, definitely not a crease.  I do hope you find some answer/s and please let me know if you do.  All the very best to yourself and your daughter.  Regards Pat
  • Posted

You could be describing en coup de sabre. It is said to be caused by Frontal linear scleroderma, but I have one too, also started while on prednisone for my polymyositis.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that.  I started at 20 mg in Nov 2017 for dx of PMR.   I am down to 12 mg

over the course of the last 6 months, my skin has become thinner and my veins are bulging or look that way because of skin... I have not had anything like this happen but it does not sound unreasonable ....with this medication...it is not from frowning?

sleeping a certain way?

• Posted

No, it is more of an actual dent that looks like a hatchet strike into the frontal bone at the hairline running vertically down toward the eyebrow. Mine is only about an inch and a half long, but I've seen photos of people with ones that run 5"-6" long. If it is actually caused by linear scleroderma, there usually is no hair growing in it once it gets above the hairline. Google search "en coup de sabre" and you will get a better idea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.