hiding your drink problem at work

Posted , 8 users are following.

how do you hide your drink problem when you work 40 hours a week and some of that is driving

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you looking for tips John? Or are you just surprised that someone can hide a drink problem?
    • Posted

Sorry John.

I made that comment without reading the previous thread. I have been there and I won't be going back. I took too many chances in the past and was running out of road so to speak.

• Posted

Good!! A sense of humour will get you through the dark days!! 😁
  • Posted

Strange how there's a drink driving advert at the bottom of these posts!! Is it just a coincidence?!
    • Posted

Though it's changed now..haha
    • Posted

I have mentioned this before on the topic of ads that are offensive or ugly or down right targeted towards alcoholics. The answer is to download a FREE program called AdBlock Plus which prevents these ads from showing on these pages (as well as most other sites).

As for Pauls advice on medications, please everybody, listen to him - it has helped me cut down considerably. A bit pricey though but well worth every day knowing I CAN wake up the next day.

Good days ahead to all smile

• Posted

Glad it's still going well for you Tim smile

And yes, I also have Ad Block Plus and I don't see any of the adverts that people here mention, either here or on any site.

• Posted

Thanks for that Tim. Will follow the advert block link. Still sober. 7 weeks since last 2 day binge. Finding it hard re cravings on sunny days but 90 percent of time happy to be sober and not having horrendous hangovers :-)
    • Posted

OH BOY, I totally agree with you on a sunny hot day, +33 here in western Canada today.... My cravings have diminished but not gone.

Good for you for 7 weeks, I'm just happy that I can go a single day sometimes without a drink but it does happen!. A couple of beers and a full meal and I'm not wanting any more...is this the same way for you?

• Posted

I'm off the alcohol for now. Every time I drink I can't stop and go into a binge. Then really ill so this year I've only drank once. I'm seeing doctor Friday and will meantion nalfemene and will try that when I next binge. See what happens :-)
    • Posted

7 weeks sober is FANTASTIC...well done Paper Fairy and keep going!
    • Posted

Thanks robin. It's hard on hot sunny evenings but the craving passes and life in general is so much better :-)
    • Posted

thanks a lot!! I have been using adblocker on your advice and it is GREAT..THANKS AGAIN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.