High blood pressure in the morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

One day last week I had very low blood pressure during the day (111/65) so decided to check it early the next morning and it was 162/84.   It then went down during the day to 142/81 but the next morning it was 155/87 and has roughly averaged that since with a normal reading of between 119/67and 134/76 during the day.  Has anyone else experienced high blood pressure in the morning.  I am not on any medication.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, I had to measure mine over a two week period for my GP. Morning and evening. I expected monrings to be low (after sleeping) and evenings to be high, due to a stressful day. Nope, evening readings were always lower than mornings.
    • Posted

Hi RHGB. I also have been told by my GP to measure my blood pressure but for a week. If still high in the morning then will have to wear a 24 hour B/P tape. Seems too high for the morning and agree with you that after rest would think it to be low. Thanks for your input.
  • Posted

It is the time of day that it is normally at its highest.. preparing you for the battles ahead. There is usually a mid afternoon peak as well.

I gave up checking mine first thing in the morning and now wait until I have been up for a while.

• Posted

Mine is up and down like that. 118/68 up to 151/106. No idea why and my GP doesn't sound to worried about it. I see a visit to a cardiologist in my future tho. It bothers me.

• Posted

All of the ones I have seen in the past 17 years have said it is the average that counts.

I have never agreed with them.

• Posted

I have had a few readings a little high. 145/90. Never had 155/106 and such. The systolic didn't bother my knee doc as much as the diastolic being over 100. She was afraid of it going higher after my treatment and me having a stroke. I got a serious work out with a snow storm we got. My bp was 163/84. So doing nothing and having it be 151/106 makes me nervous.

• Posted

As I have AF some of mine are probably not accurate then. I think that my record was 236/136.

Last week I had a 163/140 and another day a 98/68 

• Posted

I always get high blood pressure in the morning to 130/98 with high resting heart rate. Been to cardiologist but heart function is fine. He doesn't know why. I also get fluctuating high blood pressure during the day then it goes down. The endo and my doctor has no clue either.

But I've read that when we get inflamation at night and the body releases cortisol to counteract the inflamation it can give us a sudden rise in BP in the mornings.

I still don't have answers for my fluctuating blood pressure issues and doctors don't seem concerned but the symptoms of it wears me out at times when it happens.

• Posted

Wears you out in what way?
    • Posted

It makes my fatigue worse, I get lightheaded and weak. Sometimes the weakness is bad I feel like passing out. When my blood pressure is fluctuating alot I know it's going to be a bad day. I've gone to the ER a few times because of this but send me home because my bp goes back to normal.

One thing I noticed on my test was low anion gap and elevated eosinophils. The ER doctor didn't seem concerned. Going to follow up with my doctor next week.

Dealing with cfs has been a nightmare with doctors who have little knowledge and not willing to investigate further has been frustrating especially bp issues....sighs.

• Posted

Can your  immunoglobulin levels be increased ?

Do you think there is a connection between you CFS and Eosinophils?

• Posted

Thank you, I will definitely ask my gp to test my immunoglobulin and ask about the elevated eosinophils. My eosinophils were elevated back in February, then in May retested and was normal again.

My gp said it could be allergy or parasitic with the elevated eosinophils. What does it mean if my immunoglobulin is elevated?

• Posted

Immunoglobulin levels are indicated by many types of illness.
    • Posted

I was looking up causes for low anion gap and it said it could be multiple myeloma, which is scaring me. But It can be clues to get to the bottom of the root cause for my cfs.
    • Posted

Best not to look and wait for the experts to put your mind at rest

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.