High blood pressure in the morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

One day last week I had very low blood pressure during the day (111/65) so decided to check it early the next morning and it was 162/84.   It then went down during the day to 142/81 but the next morning it was 155/87 and has roughly averaged that since with a normal reading of between 119/67and 134/76 during the day.  Has anyone else experienced high blood pressure in the morning.  I am not on any medication.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am a slim, youthful 70 year old female.

When I awake most mornings I have a bad head and a tingling nasty feeling through my body. My BP  is around 170/85 around 6am. If I stay in bed it gets higher, so I sit up and breathe in slowly through my nose into my stomach for a count of 5 and out through my mouth for 7. This drops my BP very quickly.  I look after myself, eat properly and walk every day. I don't smoke or drink, just water only, I've cut out the sugar too.

I am on 8 different drugs every day  with nasty side effects, yet it dosn't stay down. I'm about to see GP  as I want to talk to him about raised Insulin levels which is known to put up BP levels.

MY GP says he is not worried about me, but I'm worried about me. This could raise my BP even more.

• Posted

I know this question was asked nine months ago but I shall just say that my husband and I take our blood pressure every morning and it it ALWAYS high on the first reading but goes down to better levels  on subsequent readings.  My husband only takes his in the morning but I take mine at other times of the day and my levels are much lower (eg. 112/68) later in the day when they have been 140/80 in the morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.