High blood Pressure with vertigo

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone get high blood pressure with vertigo?  My blood pressure is usually normal but now with vertigo all of a sudden it seems to go way up or maybe it's the B vitamins I started?  That's the only new thing I started was the B vitamins last week.  I have had vertigo since March but the high blood pressure is new.  I have a blood pressure tester at home.   sad  cry

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Blood pressure and vertigo can be related but not necessarily. As you are able to self monitor do regular readings, write them down along with vertigo attacks. This will give you and your Dr something to work on.

Were the episodes of high blood pressure before or after you began taking the B vitamins?

• Posted

Hi there. I don't get that many vertigo attacks now maybe one or two a day. The high blood pressure thing is new.   It's come down since yesterday.  I don't smoke or drink but because of feeling crappy I have been eating takeout a lot lately since March. Maybe a buildup of eating grease cause don't usually eat takeout.  Plus I excercise treadmill so I dunno.  I'll just keep monitoring.  I thought the B vitamins??  
    • Posted

Many takeaway meals - particually chinese ones - contain monosodium glutamate, an additive that is known to cause high blood pressure.
    • Posted

Greetings with a smile Tazchurch.  That's gotta be it cause I am not usually a junkie.  It tastes soooo good though with primenopause  cheesygrin.  Guess eating the bad stuff has caught up with me.  Been eating takeout since March.

rolleyes Thank you.  The B vitamins seem to be helping the vertigo.

• Posted

Hi Dottie. I also have high blood pressure since my symptoms of peri started in 

April but i don't have vertigo. I am also on vitB6 now for 3 weeks and it doesn't do anyting to my blood pressure. I am on blood pressure medication now for 3 months. I am sure it is one of our wonderfull peri symptoms.

hope you feel better soon

nonnie

• Posted

Hi Nonnie it's maybe all the junk food.   biggrin I don't usually eat take out but because of feeling soo crappy lately we have been going out more or getting take out.  Which is nice but not so nice for the waistline.  That's the only thing that I have done differently.  Eating grease rolleyes  Thank you with a smile!
  • Posted

It's funny u said that as I just had to go to dr for ear infection and he said my blood pressure was high. I never ever had high blood pressure before and I was going dizzy
    • Posted

Hi Jane biggrin  I know this is brutal.  I would think it may vertigo related cause everything is off balance anyways so the blood pressure would be too cause it's the function of the body.  I just had blood tests and everything at the docs in the Spring and things were normal.  I give up..if it's my time to go then I will go.    cheesygrin
    • Posted

I used to be sooo healthy and now I am falling apart  cry wink
    • Posted

Also vertigo will increase your stress levels and that increases your adrenalin and cortisol levels, that can increase blood pressure xx
    • Posted

Yah Moona sounds good to me.  I guess I am not dying today   cheesygrin  I guess with vertigo everything is highlighted.  Thank you dear.
  • Posted

Hi Dottie  never had BP till 22 months ago,when I got balance problem,don't know if due to stress,only had pregnancy BP( last 3 months) .until this balance began.

I take 50 mgs of Losartan,I also drink organic Beetroot juice,drops BP.

How did birthday go?

• Posted

Hi Marlene it's probably all the greasy take out food too.....and the chocolate cake I inhaled. cheesygrin  rolleyes   I am not having anymore birthdays ... That way just maybe I can stay young dear  cheesygrin
    • Posted

What BP tabs you on Dottie?

Glad you had nice Birthday,  Choc upsets my IBS,so not sorta touched it much past  8 years,lots I could eat ,but no longer can in foods,any thing fried,tomatoes,even certain fruits.

I was looking at the Dr Mozzi diet ,that's interesting look,goes by your blood group.

So cold here in UK,need to get cardigan out,suppose Jay taking clothes of in Spain.My ears are screaming as well ,even the hoovering not dropped them down,that doesn't help anxiety .

Seen anything of your neighbour ?

• Posted

Morning Marlene,   biggrin  I don't take BP pills as it's always been normal.  It's just lately I dunno maybe it's the vertigo shaking everything up.  Maybe it's the take out I have been eating cuz I have felt sooo crappy. I just take vitamins.  I am falling apart. biggrin
    • Posted

Hi my dear Godess cheesygrin  Sorry I didn't  reply much earlier as I felt like total crap.  I think I know what happens as I checked my BP throughout the day and it has come down to normal now.  My vertigo is bad in the mornings as I have to get up like 5-6 a.m. cause I feel nauseous and once I eat fruit it goes away and start to feel wee better.  I thought I was going down the tubes dear.  It seems I am not dying today anyways cheesygrin  Ohhhh If I took my clothes off I would scare people! haha. Gotta go and check Dr. Mozzi.

• Posted

Hi Dottie,one of those days all round,I got one of those BP home machines,never use it,got a local mate never off hers period,mind you think she's on 3 BP tablets.

I'm with this balance 24/7 always got tad anxiety when I wake up,all meno linked,never have nausea.

That dr Mozzi says we should only eat what's for our blood groups,

nearly another day done with,what a way wishing ones days away.

• Posted

Hey Marlene maybe I am pregnant!  cheesygrin Could be twins the way I am eating....always hungry haha
    • Posted

Hi Marlene

wow thats a new one on me... ' eat according to your blood group' thats sounds very interesting... 😀

have a great Sunday

Jayxx

• Posted

Can name one after me then Dottie. Jay the other.Names sorted

you never fail to make me smile with what you come out with,me here with a Banana,on Wholemeal toast. Love it

I'm all bunged up,ears are full up ,feels like it,so there's reason why .B........y  stuff hey

Osteopath tomorrow,got easier,but still feel it,been doing arm exercises all week,still can't get arm up enough to tong hair ,now still ticking me off oh well not end of the world,another week and be sorted I hope  curly locks again.You be good ?

• Posted

Hiya Jay,good couple days for you and the soon to be .? How far you got to go to your Gyne appointment tomorrow ? See in the Mail or Mirror paper,so many women just got recalled for wrong mammograms here,how the hell do they keep getting this so B.......y wrong,then they wonder why so many women are backing off getting that exam done these days.i despair at this.

On to Dr Mozzi,I found his take on Blood Groups interesting,even printed several copies and given out to family who aren't on a comp,let them read up.,he says were all eating foods not right for our groups,got to admit it makes sense as to people suffering IBS  and Crohns etc,and allergies .

Another chilly day here,suns out but not warm enough to sit out.

Hope you get nice dr tomorrow,especially after the last one.XX

• Posted

Morning Marlene how are you doing dear?  I feel better after I eat.  I just ate 3 big pancakes.  Maybe I am eating for 3!  biggrin redface
    • Posted

Hope not for 3 Ha Ha .Pancakes oh so full of calories Dottie.i can't eat white flour at all,I've tried all kinds of Wholemeal breads in UK but if any ladies on UK site have IBS  go get Co ops own Wholemeal it's the best tasted ever,won't ever purchase another.only tried this one on recommend from another IBS sufferer this year not looked back.even husband likes it and he's IBS free.Had to get that in Dottie,or brain fog would have whipped that away from me.Hey Dottie we in UK only have pancakes on pancake day once a year normally,don't hear many have them at other times in year.I do like omelettes,closest looking to a pancake to look at,like to add various things to them to,ie cheese and some grated onion.X
    • Posted

Ohhhh I know Marlene but I had hunger pains dear. sad  I was up since 4 am cuz felt nauseated so needed something to ease my hunger and made me happy and full.  cheesygrin Soooo filling and oh well sooooo fattening. I will use treadmill later.  I have excercised everyday for 20 years.  It's a brutal habit but feel better after.  That way you can eat anything!  I thought if I was dying at least I would die fat and full.  rolleyes  I am food free.  Nothing bothers me except for this damn nausea my dear.
    • Posted

Hi Marlene

hahaha yes had nice weekend, been on golf course 3 hours this afternoon, so its nice to h ave my energy back again..

my gyno appt isnt far, only 15 mins away in Marbella... appt at 6pm tomorrow..

blimey thats not good about mammograms is it, you cant put your trust in anyone these days can you..

have a good evening

Jayxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.