High cholesterol

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi, i have always had high cholesterol. i was put on statins a couple of years ago but my whole body was aching so i stopped. i am female, 65, and in good health. my latest results are worrying me:

cholesterol 7.7

triglycerides: 2.3

HDL: 4.53

ratio: 3.6

se non: 5.59i think the Gp is going to try to put me back on statins. i dont know what to do.

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hello yes my doctor put me on statin last year and made my joints really ache so I went back to him after a couple of months of taking them and he stop me from taking them so I just try to eat as healthy as I can😘 but I didn't have a bad diet before but I feel ok in myself. I exercise every day half hour but feel fine

• Posted

Hello yes my doctor put me on statin last year and made my joints really ache so I went back to him after a couple of months of taking them and he stop me from taking them so I just try to eat as healthy as I can😘 but I didn't have a bad diet before but I feel ok in myself. I exercise every day half hour but feel fine

• Posted

there are different ones doctor can try you on so just try and if they don't agree with you or make you feel ill go bavk to doctor and let him know. I think my colestrol was 4.5 at the time he put me on them. see what he has to say hun. but just let him know if there making you have side effects. keep in touch let me know how you get on. I'm 67.

• Posted

i cant believe the gp gave you statins with a cholesterol level of 4.5. the normal range is up to 5 according to the range.

• Posted

well no didn't think that was high either x but as I said when I went back to him he said to come off it if it was giving me problems as it isn't really that high uh🤔

• Edited

Hi Armelle,

Do not panic on these results, they are okay. the more you panic, the more your body will react badly. My last cholesterol test was 8.9, the doctor wanted me on statins of course, which I refused. Statins cause dementia, the powers that be are now admitting this fact, they are backtracking on previous directives. Telling us fat was bad, when our bodies need it, how many people have been made ill by bad advice. The original research was badly flawed sadly, this flawed research became the model that was pushed on everyone, by doctors through pharmaceutical companies, who have made billions from statins.

Cholesterol, like blood pressure vary during the day, week depending on what you eat, how much exercise you have done that week etc.,

Cholesterol pays a very important part in health, 80% is made by the liver, 20% is from food. Who is to say how much different bodies need or different families? some families made have lower cholesterol than others.

• Edited

Like you Jen my cholesterol was around the 9 figure and my doctor at the time insisted I take statins. I didnt know anything about them back then so I blindly followed his advice. I became so ill I ended up in the ER. The doctor attending me asked if I was on statins and I said yes, he told me to stop immediately as they were causing the problems and I was at serious risk of permanent liver damage, muscle damage and cognitive failure. I flushed the statins and have never taken them again. It took me several years to recover from the awful effects and recently I was diagnosed as having a ruptured bicep tendon and full thickness rotator cuff tear. I asked both the ultrasound technician and my consultant why I suffered these injuries when I dont do any sports or work related stuff that would cause them. Both said I "may have weakened muscles" for some reason. I totally blame the statins. You are right in everything you say, I wish I had known all this before I took that poison. I have normal BP, normal blood sugar, blood oxygen level is good. I am not overweight and am vegetarian with occasional oily fish in my diet. If my cholesterol is high, so be it.

• Posted

Hi Jen. i got a phone call from my gp today regarding my cholesterol levels and i told him i didnt want statins. so he said, he wanted to try another drug called ezetimibe which isnt a statin. if i get any side effects with it, he will tell me to stop it. iam not sure what to do.

• Edited

Have a read up on stearic acid. Many clinical trials have shown that it drastically reduces LDL. Increasing the levels by adding certain things to your diet has many other health benefits too, reducing visceral belly fat (the worst place for adipose deposits), reducing cancer risk, lowering BP, lowering insulin resistance, etc. Might be worth investigating before resorting to toxic pharmaceuticals.

• Edited

armelle,

It is still a drug with side effects. As I wrote previously, I am not a believer that cholesterol is bad for us, our body actually needs cholesterol it performs vital functions therefore, artificially lowering it has to cause damage. I believe too much calcium actually blocks arteries, it will come to the fore in the future. We do as America does, there has been bits of information coming out regarding calcium, it makes more sense.

At the end of the day you have to weight up all the information and make your decision, doctors only do as they are told, not what they actually know.

Just a quick side note. I believe I possibly have covid, as I have not been well for three months, everytime I think I am recovering it seems to come back and blood pressure has been slightly higher than I would like. Three days ago I started drinking cider vinegar and my blood pressure dropped immediately diastolic and systolic by 10 each. I mention this as BP tablets are another thing given to everyone like sweets.

• Posted

thanks for your reply. i hope you get well soon. fortunately, my bp is fine but watch out for the effect of the cider vinegar on your teeth.

all the best

• Posted

my doctor advised me to go on statins i went to a naturopath and i am now taking cholsap supplement,as well as increased omega 3,vitamin D3. I am taking a small amount of my statin every other day and I'm hoping with my next test that everything is fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.