High cholesterol

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi, i have always had high cholesterol. i was put on statins a couple of years ago but my whole body was aching so i stopped. i am female, 65, and in good health. my latest results are worrying me:

cholesterol 7.7

triglycerides: 2.3

HDL: 4.53

ratio: 3.6

se non: 5.59i think the Gp is going to try to put me back on statins. i dont know what to do.

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thamk you for your reply but what is the better one to use in tea or coffee.

• Posted

It's really all a matter of taste, try a few different ones to find the one you like the taste of best. rice milk has a nice taste but is quite thin and watery. Beware ones with added sugar etc. I drink mostly cow's milk but I do like oat milk, it has a nice consistency.

• Posted

thank you loxie for you reply x will give them a try 😘

• Posted

my family doctor said not to go on statins , my cholesterol level is 7.79. i have uncontrolled hypertension and she would rather work on my blood pressure than worry about the cholesterol. i end up in the hospital with hypertensive emergency and am now on 3 bp meds. i am 56 years old

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.