High diastolic pressure

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I’m 32 year old female. Recently diagnosed with HTN back in Jan 2018. I was put on Amlodipine 5mg but stop r/t side effects. I’ve lost over 30lbs and blood pressure has been ok normally 100-125/75-85 but sometimes my diastolic pressure does rises up to 95. I do suffer for anxiety/panic disorder as well. Well today i check my blood pressure it was 112/71. Will I decided to take my blood pressure standing up it jump up to 125/89 119/95. One time it was 111/90.  Which was scary because that was too close together. I’m just trying to figure out is it normal for diastolic pressure to rise while standing 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I read a case the other day where a woman had HBP and panic. The doctor had a hunch and checked her Aldosterone, renin and cortisol. She had something benign on her adrenal gland and it was removed. Her panic and BP normalized.

maybe you can test these.

• Posted

@veewat I will bring that to my doctors attention. Thank you 
    • Posted

And if he won’t run them see if you can find a self -pay private lab to do it. 
    • Posted

I forgot...The other test he did was  to look for metanephrine (an epinephrine derivative)

..it was in a consumer reports article from February 2018 called Is High Blood Pressure Curable by Marvin M. lipman MD

• Posted

Hi. Blood pressure changes according to what you are doing, this is normal. Your blood pressure looks fine to me. Don't worry!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.