high ESR COUNT what does it mean

Posted , 58 users are following.

recent blood test shows ESR 60 mm/hr what does this mean

6 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My ESR blood test is <8> is that high med. or normal ?
  • Posted

my age is 64 male recent blood test shows ESR 45 what dose it mean
  • Posted

Hi

Dear i need some guid.. i am 36 year old.. in 2008 i had got knee problem swelling pain and fever.i tested esr it 75.. the i got treates got better now once againg facing knee issue same pain and swelling and tastes so esr is now 42

Please let me know and tell me is it dangerus ?

• Posted

sir, i recently checked my esr cpunt. i got 50. my age is 60years and normal it retten in page 5. i hope i got abnormal. tel me what  to do. to tke care and is it good or bad.
  • Posted

My ESR count is 24. My age is 55 (female). The reference range

is less than 12. Please let me know whether there is any problem

with this count and suggest the course of action.

• Posted

HI, my sister's age is 29 and her ESR count is 27mm/1st hour can anybody plz explain whether it is normal or not?

• Posted

the range is between 1-12 mm/1st hour
  • Posted

I was 21 years old. I got in the last few days before the test. The report caught ESR COUNT 34 MM. What is the problem?
  • Posted

hi my ESR is 29, kindly advise whether its a abnormal. My age is 44 & weight 83 kg. with 5.72 is the height. Suggest how to reduce the ESR.

• Posted

Hi there can anyone please tell me what your ESR

Is meant to be I'm 45 years old and mine is just 11

• Posted

Hi vaithi

Im 29 y.o and i have a grade 3 tonsils and i have done CBC, ASO and ESR laboratories. And the results are my cbc is normal as well as my ASO. but my ESR is 36. So i went to my eent doctor and he give me augmentin for 7 days. in the middle of the wk i tried to do ESR but i was shocked it rise up to 57 but still i continue my meds. And take another test few days after it become 50. And then i do the test again it become 41... and i consult again to my doctor and gave me cefuroxime and ibuprofen for 1 week. My meds are not yet finish and i do my lab to check if there is any changes but it rise up again with 50mm/hr. Im confused i dont feel anything i look perfectly normal. Why is that my ESR is still high

• Posted

A general range for men is 0-22mm/hr and 0-29mm/hr for women, with the upper range being most normal.  However, what is normal varies/increases with aging, anemia, pregnancy and when an infection or inflammation is present.  As a stand alone test it is not definitive as it is non-specific.  A high range can mean you are just fighting an infection or can indicate inflammation but does not indicate either what infection you are fighting or where the inflammation is sited.  A high range is also a common occurrence in cases of specific conditions such as Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Lupus but I would stress ESR on its own is not a marker for any specific condition it is one test taken in conjunction with other tests and clinical assessment that will help your GP in his diagnosis.  Let your GP assess the results in light of the other tests he undoubtedly had carried out and in conjunction with your medical record and his clinical findings.
    • Posted

Thank you. I am trying to find a reply to a person whose sister is four years old and has an ESR oh 90 and what can be the cause. It isn't being helpful at all. Can you help please. 

• Posted

Hi I m the person who face the problem my sister is I'll with ESR of 90

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.