highest TSH level

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was diagnosed a few months back and my TSH levels were 36 I was put on thyroxine 25mgs when I got tested again TSH levels were even higher at 75 doc put me on 50mgs I think I should of been put A much higher dose now Im afraid my TSH levels are gonna be thru roof what is the highest level of TSH any one has had Im scared mines really high and Im on my own with it thanks for any reply :tennis: :tennis:

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello, many of us seem to be in a similar boat and some treatment methods seem to vary greatly--but i am really surprised at how little discussion there is about the mega importance of iodine to our thyroids and health, how can any real health improvements happen when iodine is left out of the equation--the thyroid has an essential need for it--the world health organization puts UK and Europe in general on a pitiful scale...on the recognition of iodine's absolute role in thyroid function & health, well we can even see on you tube how many countries do all they can to foster the intake of iodine--the Japanese are so much better off in the thyroid health department; kelp-nori seafood etc.etc. of course since the disaster iodine is even more of a necessity for thyroid health -radiation-.. gp.s here need to school themselves on prevention-- on these mostly preventable thyroid problems, hey google in lack of iodine in a pregnant mother-to see the effects on the child. ps many different ways to ingest the amounts iodine our thyroids need.. google loads & loads and dr.oz is very informative as well.. sky
  • Posted

Hi,

I would like to share my wife's case:

Baby's Age : 05 months (as on 08th Sep)

Its our first baby. During pregnancy, my wife got Thyroid profile (T3, T4 and TSH) test done. The report was a bit high and doctor recommended to take Altroxin 25 mg (one tablet everyday) throughout pregnancy. Thyroid remained under control throughout pregnancy. After delivery, doctor recommended to stop taking Altroxin and get thyroid profile done after 03 months. We got it done and the report is alarming:

T3 - 47.6

T4 - 3.4

TSH - Over 100

TSH is really alarming. I consulted an Endocrinologist today and he asked us to get the Thyroid profile again along with Serum Cortisol test. We will get the test done soon and will share results here.

Doctor has also confirmed that high TSH value can lead to multiple problems, if not controlled and the medicine need to continue.

I am not sure if we are going on right path with doctor. Any suggestions will be very much valuable for us?

• Posted

Thyroid TSH levels can affect people differently depending on each person, some with a TSH level of 4 may experience a more drastic effect sometimes than someone with a level of 19.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.