Hip Bursitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I have had chronic pain in my right hip/thigh so bad it's 9/10 pain and feels like my leg is giving out so have not left the house for 3 weeks, I struggle to get up out of chairs

Been to the Doctors 3 times and they said it could be Hip Bursitis due for a ultrasound scan in a week.

Could Hip Bursitis cause this much pain? Where it practically disables you?

Am at my wits end.

Trev.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Trev Yes its causes so much pain i'm unable to lay on my sides ,i was told i had it on both hips make sure you are correctly diagnosed with the scan its a very difficult area  they gave me steriods injectoins before the scan and injected wrong area .Be very careful  i have suffered in so much pain the last 20 months from the injections and landed up in more pain from damage they caused  .To be honest i would see what ultra sound shows up if they not sure ask for a MRI      J

• Posted

Just a small update 1st of April I couldn't bare any weight without the pain being so intense I couldn't walk.

So went to A&E and had a xray showed nothing so was admitted to hospital for 11 days the consultant orderèd a MRI and it showed that it is Transient Osteoporosis of the Hip.

orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00205

Said that will get better on it's own in 6-12 months, still in pain now but at least I know what it is.

I see the consultant in 6 weeks and another MRI in 3 months.

Its been a pain to get around the house.

Anyone else had this?

Trev

• Posted

I had never heard of this before, Toontrev. I read the article you linked, and a few others that I found by googling. Apparently it is uncommon, and it is unfortunate that you have it. The articles talked about restricted weight-bearing. Sounds like it would be difficult to deal with the disability for months if a person had to work. I hope the next few months will be uneventful and will result in full recovery for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.