Hip Labral tear

Posted , 4 users are following.

back in november of 2015 my hip gave out and i was in terrible pain i found out i tore my labrum so after many appointments of cortisone injections etc i had my first surgery to repair it June 30th 2016. i was fine for awhile then the pain was terrible again.  so i got my second surgery December 15th 2016, to smooth off the previous repair and remove my bursa. i was feeling good for quite some time but here and there the pain would start again. now in january 2018 (i’m 19) the pain is back. so much it’s making me limp. is it possible i would need another surgery? not sure what it going on! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

zs, sorry you are going through these multiple surgeries and so much pain, especially since you are so young! Only an x-ray or imaging of some kind along with physical exam with a good orthopedist can tell you for sure what is going on. I've had a total hip replacement, and then surgical repair of gluteal tendon tears in the same hip. I have no experience with gluteal tears, although I have read about them and some people on the hip replacement forum have reported having them. If I were you, I'd post on that forum, since it is much more active and you may get some good replies there. This is the link: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/hip-replacement-1109

It seems likely you will need more surgery of some kind, and you should try to get the best orthopedic surgeon that you can find to give his/her diagnosis and treatment plan for you. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

I have just been told I may need keyhole surgery for the same thing but first I have to have another me but have to have dye injected in to the joint have u had this?
    • Posted

You mean you have to have another MRI? I have had MRIs, but never with dye (or contrast). It's fairly common, though. There is lots of information about it if you google. Keyhole surgery, or laparoscopy, is a kind of minimally invasive surgery. So would they be trying to repair another labral tear? Or smoothing the previous repair? You need to know exactly what the diagnosis is and exactly what the physician recommends for treatment.

• Posted

yes i have had an mri with dye injected. it’s obviously  not the best feeling ever. but you will get through it!! ❤️
    • Posted

Hi thanks for reply yes iv already had a mri but they now want todo another with the dye/contrast injected in the hip joint to get a clearer picture of the damage then they have opted for keyhole surgery will be the next step iv never had this before but been suffering with my hips for some years but doctors put it down to my fibromyalgia and tryed me with hydrotherapy and physiotherapy and they didn't work so they then got the mri done

• Posted

Thank you yes iv already had a Mri and its shown a libral tear on both hips but they want to now get a much clearer mri todo this they are injecting a dye in to the hip joints and they said to repair this i would need keyhole surgery im just dreading the needles as iam not good with them lol thankyou fpr replying
  • Posted

Hi, first and formost let me say I am sorry for your trauma and at the outset sadly confess I do not know either and I too have labral tears and are looking for answers but lets talk-so is this correct the only hip issue you know of is labral tear or tears, and as you say the surgeries have not been good, what did the surgeon use stitches or a type of plastic clip passed through holes drilled through the bone? I notice google says labral tear surgery after 40 years of age have a record of bad results but I am not sure why perhaps due to the beginnings of arthritus, can you tell me what you have learned, I do know that this medicalforum helps us all find important info that helps us know what to do but so far my search for info on labral tear surgery seems scant but we should keep searching how are you doing now ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.