Hip op terror

Posted , 20 users are following.

hi help I am terrified of everything not waking up ,blood clots ,infection. To the point where I could easily cancel my op in two weeks time having nerve block with sedation terrified of it all ,I have horrible thoughts is anyone else this frightened please!

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Pauline so sorry you feel so scare. I had my keft hip replacement done 10 of October 2016 and best thing i have done. My next hip right need to be done as well and i have an appointment 16 of March and hopefully will be done soon. You find lots of help on this site i would not go trough withou this forum. I have epedurell and plus i was sedated as well. If im honest im looking forward to have right hip done as soon possible and not

have pain. Try keep your self ocupade . I worked till Sunday and my

operation was on Monday. You will be fine. Good luck

Big hug Madla💗

• Posted

Don't worry Pauline, Easy to say I know but these surgeons are excellent, the care you will get sympathetic and you will be amazed at how you feel a month or two post op. Things are put in place to avoid complications and it is a common op now.

I am 5 weeks post op on my second thr and feeling great, same as I did the first time 10 years ago on my other hip. Good luck to you, though I doubt very much you'll need it.

Regards

Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.