Hip Operation -SuperPath Method?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi was wandering if anybody has had a hip operation using the superPath method. Need all the advise possiable due to have one shortley.

I am extermley worried about have a hip operation.

Any feed will be great.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sue again I was just reading Richards post and saw he mentioned , who I'm guessing was the surgeon that operated on me - Mr Michael Cronin. For me, like I said he was wonderful and definitely knew what he was talking about, spends a lot of his time lecturing about this procedure. I had every faith in him., but like Richard said a few people did not have great success, which I guess is the name of the game, as with the normal approach of THR there are also many who have complained after also. I can only promote the superpath from my own operation, and I,m sure whatever you decide to do Sue it will all go well! X

• Posted

I just read this when researching SuperPath:

"According to the American Academy Orthopaedic Surgeons, the best candidates for minimally invasive techniques are typically younger, weigh less and are more active than patients for whom a traditional procedure is most appropriate."

• Posted

Dear Sue

I sent it to you in a message off list yesterday.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Dear Sue

I've just returned from a trip out and have seen your posting. Where you able to watch the video?

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi Richard,

Yes I did manage to watch the video & it was very interesting.

thanks 

Sue

• Posted

Dear Sue

I was very impressed with the degree of precision and control and the care taken and the lack of heaving the patient about. It all seemed to be an ideally carried out procedure from start to finish

Cheers Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.