Hip Replacement 5 weeks

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am 5 weeks post op.  I had my right hip replaced and am 51 years old.  I still have to walk with a cane.  When I walk without I am very lop sided.  I have been told this is normal.  I feel I do well at therapy and have been told I am progressing.  They haven't started working on the outer hip until 6 weeks.  I am so anxious to just be back to normal.  Still very sore after working out and walking quite a bit.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I am also on week 5 of right hip replacement. I can walk short distances without a walking stick. Also I’m sleeping on my side ( thank god) but it’s slow going. Hope this helps
  • Posted

Some advice please

I had total hip replacement on left side about 5 weeks ago (due to being born with a dislocated hip) I am 45 now 

During surgery they fractured my femur all was ok and I got sent home where the fracture got worse and I had to be take back to hospital where the surgery was completed again this time with a long pole and several pins because of fracture. Have first physio next week is there any exercise I can do at home have mild pain in hip still but I think it’s muscle pain..  I still walk with crutches or a frame. 

It’s been difficult as I’m on my own x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.