HIP REPLACEMENT REVISION COMPLETED

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had my hip replacement revised on February 4.  All went well, and my right eg that was 1-1/2" shorter than my left leg is now the same length! Yippee!  Recovery has also gone well.  I've been in a care center since February 7 and have had physical and occupational therapy every day. I'm going home tomorrow.  I get my staples out February 19.  I'll continue with PT for another four weeks on an outpatient basis.  But I am very happy with the results since I was in so much pain before because of my leg length discrepancy.  I am still in recovery, so I will continue to take pain pills as needed.  I'm the first one to admit I don't handle pain well!

I'm just happy I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lynn, I am living the nightmare you had BEFORE it was fixed! The maladjusment in my musculoskeletal  system and radiating pains are horrific! May I ask you how long after the initial surgery you had the revision? Also, do you know of anyone who had the leg discrepancy corrected by getting the other hip done? Thanks, I am beyond desperate now!! 
    • Posted

Hi Merry.  I had my revision surgery exactly six months after the initial THR.  The CEO of the ortho group I go to said he could replace my other hip (with the wrong size) so my legs would match.  He was just trying to cover the butt of the surgeon who put in the wrong size in the first surgery. My other hip was fine (I won't say 'perfectly'); it didn't need replacing.  If your other hip needs replacing, go for it.  I know the pain you're talking about.  I do feel for you.  I still have the severe sciatica, and I may need back surgery to fix it.
    • Posted

Turns out my revision didn't do the trick.  I have more pain in my groin, femur and butt than I had before the first hip replacement.  I had back surgery October 5, and that took care of my sciatica.  But I see my revision surgeon in a week, and I'm going to tell him he needs to take out all the old parts and put in all new parts.  If he won't do it, I'll find someone else who will.
    • Posted

Hi Lynnsfave,

I had revision  2years ago Oct 2013 which i got sciatic nerve damage from that revision . Unable to go back to my job been on disability ever since .

My Ouestion is the back surgery helped you i hear alot pros and cons ??going in next week for injection for back pain .

Thanks

jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.