Hip Replacement too young?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I have severe arthritis in my hips one showed severe and the other moderate knees are really hurting as well. Anyway I went to the hospital today and was told that unless it's impacting my life really badly or extremely painful then I should put off for a long as possible. I'm 45 Doctor also said Glucosamine, Chrondirin don't really make any difference. Has anyone else been told to delay for as long as possible.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I have just been diagnosed with OP in both hips and back ,i have also been told at 56 to young to have replacement yet and to hang on ,been given paracetmol and codiene phospate tablets to take for the pain ,i have taken Glucosamine and omega 3 tablets for years ,i now have stopped taking them ,because i just dont think they did anything to help.
  • Posted

hi Karen8716 

my doctorr said hip will probably last 20 25 years so when I then need another one at 70 the op won't be as successful. It's either that or maybe they're trying to cut back on costs. I was also told to take paracetamol and ibrobrofen which I decided not to take. I cam across Flexacil ultra a combination of glucosamaine and similiar stuff I'm on my last container and will be getting more it takes a while to work couple of months and I continued with 3 a day still have aches and pains but nowhere as bad as before. Give them a go.get them on amazon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.