HIP REPLACEMENT WAITING LIST TIME UK

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi all,

Just thoughts I'd ask what waiting time lists are for hip replacement operations in UK.

North wales would appear to be 12months is this the norm???

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Paula, I am in Anglesey North Wales and I had my op in Bangor. I was on the waiting list for about 9 months in the end having the op last August. Best thing I have ever done!!!
    • Posted

Hi Jean,

Good to know Bangor Hospital is ok.  I am in Anglesey being referred to Wrexham Maelor because I favoured Anterior approach.

Long waiting list - September seems likely date. What happens at Hip School??

All the best with your recovery. Paula

• Posted

Hip school was really good and I learnt a lot.

they told you exactly what to expect when you went in and you got to see photos of the surgeons and also meet nurses and physio that would be involved.They discussed what aids you require ie, toilet seat, walker etc and get them delivered to you.I found it very supportive.

ps. still not sure which appraoch I had lol, but happy with the result so far.

• Posted

Looking forward to HIP SCHOOL now - how long does it take?
  • Posted

I am in Devon and the waiting time here is 2 months,, 3 month max.  I had my op at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.  It was exactly 2 months since my consultation with the Consultant, so I suppose it depends on the area in which you live.  I was very fortunate.
  • Posted

Hi I am in Bedfordshire i requested my referral in mid september saw my surgeon mid November and have just been given early may as a date for op was early april but black alert has delayed ops.  I have been told if i am williang to have a fellow perform my op instead i could get early April.  18 weeks legal i feel means nothing in the real world,
  • Posted

i live in West London and had left THR on 13th April. I asked to go on the waiting list on 23rd August last year and reminded the hospital at end of Feb it was 6 months, they then started to arrange the op. so about 7 months in total. You can find the up to date statistics on wait times at every hospital in England by searching for the NHS page "Consultant-led Referral to Treatment Waiting Times". There is a spreadsheet here you can download called "Download Waiting Times by Hospital Trust. You can then select your trust and Trauma & Orthopaedics to find the stats, latest is March 2022.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.