Hip scar

Posted , 11 users are following.

Interested how peoples scar is looking.

this is my image 2wks exactly day when had stitches out.

opposed to image at 4wks.

think I am happy with way looking.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

8 weeks

too long to get it all on one pic!

• Posted

that looks really good..... I hope mine looks like this...

I'll try and get my youngest to take a picture of my other scar from where they tried "god knows" as still left with no socket but the scar back then so thick and horrid. it is 43yrs ago remember too, but to show difference from then to now...

• Posted

first hip now at 11 months - almost invisible

• Posted

omg how good is that one...

did you massage cream in alot of just naturally went like this?

• Posted

that's therefore is brilliant. fingers crossed I get same result.

• Posted

My Posterior scar is about 10". Surgeon has been doing it for 40 years and said he has the most room to work and b est view. i am happy with the results

• Posted

40 years a long time and many changes in technique in that time. My surgeon has been doing it for 32 years and has pioneered Minimal Invasive and rapid recovery hip replacements, smaller incisions avoiding muscle. last year he carried out over 600 replacements ! These guys are incredible giving so many their lives back.

• Posted

I think a lot of surgeons have reverted to the posterior approach, I had lateral posterior, where the muscles are no longer cut and you have very little chance of nerve damage. I think things are changing.

• Posted

I've had 5 hip surgerys in the last 5 yrs 1 every year the first 2 they went in through three small holes them had my first hip replacement then yr later a hip revision which was just the ball and socket the man dec 3 last yr had another hip revision cause the stem was loose and those 3 surgerys were all done by anterior approch so in the front it's less invasive and they dont have to cut through any muscles fast healing through that approch but mine will be a long recovery cause it's a revision and the scar got longer and longer and they went through the same insicion 3 times everytime it got worse

• Posted

like I said to the other person I had three and they did mine all anterior and he didnt have to cut through any muscles

• Posted

I was trying to point out that it seems most approaches do not need to cut through muscle anymore unless there are particular problems. Anterior still seems have trouble with nerve problems though. In fact hip surgery has come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years.

• Posted

omg 5 hip surgeries in 5 years, that must have been tough?

I hope you have got a good working hip now..

• Posted

nope not image really I had this huge needle on sat afternoon they stuck it in my hip and drained out 16 cc of fluid they said it's probably from all the procedure's I've had and trauma and scar tissue etc but it still hurts quite a bit I can't lay on my left side at all

• Posted

omg... that's awful.

is it not worth seeing another hospital/consultant...

must be very traumatic emotionally and physically .

hugs x

• Posted

I've been waiting months and months to get a second opinion and still havent heard anything its frustrating and its draining me physically and mentally and emotionally

• Posted

ouch thats a lot of fluid

will it help having had that removed, did they also give you a cortisone injection?

• Posted

it didnt help me at all it hurts worse then before and I dont get cortisone injections anymore I just had my 3rd hip revision dec 3rd so I'm still healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.