Hit my acrylic nail resulting in lifting my real nail and I believe pushing the nail bed to skin

Posted , 66 users are following.

I accidentally hit my acrylic nail against the cabinet causing it to lift my real nail bed and I think it also pushed my nail bed passing my cuticle. As you can see from the pictures, I believe that is my nail that should be under my skin. Should I keep it covered until the nail grows--of course I will put peroxide on twice a day. What should I do? Someone please help

2 likes, 87 replies

87 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi this happened to me today, i hit my nail on the door and my nail looks excatly like yours. what did you do to make it better

• Posted

I've done the exact same thing today and also have acrylics on! I have cut the acrylic down and put it in hot water. What else can I do?

• Posted

Had this exact thing happen about a week ago. DO NOT TAKE THE NAIL OFF AND DO NOT USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE!!!! Mine was a little worse than the picture, went to the ER. They deadend my finger and pushed it back into the cuticle. Wash lightly with antibacterial soap daily and wrap with gauze. Try best to keep the nail pressed on finger to avoid further removal. Keeping the nail on creates better chances of it growing back regularly. Should feel painless in about 2 weeks and should be fully grown back in about 3 monthsimage

• Posted

How long did it take to fall off? Has your nail grown back/healed? This just happened to me. The ER did the same thing to me.

• Posted

this happened to me!! exactly the same.. did your nail come back by any chance? File size is too big

• Posted

this happened to me! by any chance did your nail come back?? File size is too big

• Posted

so i had a similar experience but i ripped my nail BACK boy did that hurt... its been almost a month n my nail came off this morning. so for me about a month image

• Posted

This literally happened to me!! went to ER had entire nail removed from nail bed. this was 4 days ago! it still throbs and is tender and sore. did the ER perscribe anything to you? or did you just cover it with a bandaid and deal with it naturally ?

• Posted

This literally happened to me!! went to ER had entire nail removed from nail bed. this was 4 days ago! it still throbs and is tender and sore. did the ER perscribe anything to you? or did you just cover it with a bandaid and deal with it naturally ?

• Posted

• Posted

mine was also ripped back, its still barley attached at the cuticle, the doctor told me to keep it on and cut the excess acrylic part and just wait for it to grow out. anyways, what was you experience with it growing back? and how long after it ripping back did it become less sensitive to touch?

• Posted

what ended up happening with this? same thing just happened to my daughter

• Posted

This happened to my little nail this evening and my whole nail has come away from my nail bed but is still attached looks like my nail has gone into my skin above my cuticle. Little worried as too painful to remove will it fall off by itself? or do I need to visit hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.