Holiday Oxygen Abroad for COPD sufferers

Posted , 7 users are following.

For those who are unaware you can now travel anywhere in Europe and receive your oxygen requirements against your EHIC card. Also many more airlines are now providing on board oxygen for passenger use (some charge) and both Monarch & EasyJet will allow you take 2 cylinders with you for use on board during the flight. Obviously you need to arrange this prior to your flight and will need a letter from your GP stating you are fit to fly and also the flow rates required. To arrange oxygen in the country of stay you need to check out on the internet where to apply and how to fax the information required. Takes a bit of time and effort but worth it if you fancy a holiday abroad.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am planning to visit Toronto Ontario, I am trying to find suppliers of concentrators for hire in Toronto, I have tried 2 but no help, Is there anyone out there who can help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.