holy sh@t,who knew

Posted , 4 users are following.

let me start by saying I had oral thrush for 4 weeks before I got diagnosed. I used a whitening toothpaste that altered my flora and now I have it in my mouth,esaphagus ,and my stomach burns. WHAT THE HELL........ is this normal,i swallow and can feel lumpy stuff,my stomach burns,my mouth burns,gums,tongue,what the heck is in my throat when i swallow,its like cottage cheese......  with that said,i was given 100mg of diflucan,vitamin b complex,and a probiatic. one week on the diflucane,if doesnt work another week,ok questions,can this spread oyher places and what are the symptoms? anyone have it untreated for 4 weeks? and does this go? WHY DOES MY STOMACH BURN? PLEASE HELP ME....PLEASE ANY ADVICE

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like GORD, gastro oesophageal reflux disease

https://patient.info/doctor/gastro-oesophageal-reflux-disease

You could ask your docotr, or try buying some Ranitidine over the counter & trying it for a few days to see if it helps.

I forget, what doctors are you under?

• Posted

Yes, I have it too. It got better for a while with ESOmeprazole but it's back just as bad as before. Tonge, throat, whole of mouth burning and burning stomach. Constant post nasal drip and throat clearing. Had it for several years and really getting me down.have been told it's GORD and have been referred to the hospital dentist as also have dry mouth and oral thrush which won't go. 

• Posted

how can you have it for sexeral years,how is your immunity? did they swab you? are you on antibiotics or steriods? what tothpaste? also how about probiotics Nanwell? Also what do they think is the cause? do you have lesions? just wondering? mine is still here after 10 days of diflucan...
  • Posted

Try holding PLAIN yogurt in your mouth for about 10 minutes 3 or 4 times a day--then swallow.  But I would also see a Dr.  If it;s a fungul infection, it could go systemic.
    • Posted

your right,lol im on medicine,that spreads fast....smile thank you for responding
    • Posted

Do you mean live yoghurt? Has this worked for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.