HOME REMEDY FOR BARTHOLIN'S ABSCESS THAT WORKS!

Posted , 162 users are following.

Hello ladies, I am writing to share my story with you and my amazing home remedy that actually works! After nearly three years of suffering from these horrible, nasty, painful monsters, I finally found a cure.

I had my first abcsess at 25, it was excrutiating pain and went to the size of a tennis ball. I tried all the advice on the internet (sitz baths, hot compresses etc), none of these worked and I eventually had the marsupilaziton surgery (which for some people, is a permanent cure). It was uncomfortable and I was in hospital for around 10 days.

My second one came up around 6 months later, again extremely painful. I was admitted into hospital for surgery again but fortunately, it decided to burst itself in the night whilst in the hospital. I was discharged the next morning and was pain free.

A few months later, another one decides to pay a visit. So as usual, I go to hospital, which by this time, the gynae doctors are familiar with me. The doctor examines me and says it is not as big as the first two and that if I want, I can have it drained there and then. Obviously, this would mean that I would be awake throughout the procedure but also that it will be a quick fix and can go home the same day. I choose to have this and with a bit of numbing cream and squeezing of my moms hand, the abcsess is drained. 

This procedure is painful, but NO WHERE NEAR AS PAINFUL AS HAVING THE ABSCESS! When you are desperate, you will do anything to make it go!

A year and a half passes by (present time) and my 4th one arrives. I went to the hospital within hours of feeling that familiar pain. it was not as large as it had been but I wanted to nip it in the bud asap before it got to that size and that horrendous level. The doctors turned me away twice over two days and said that they cannot do anything as it still isnt big enough to operate on. 

Absolutely distressed, in pain and physically drained, I went home, where me and my mom frantically googled other peoples home remedy ideas, desperate to find a cure. We kept coming across a remedy involving,tumeric powder, coconut oil, baking soda and sea salt.

First, I mixed tumeric powder with the cocunut oil, to make a paste. This bought all the puss to the surface of the abscess, making it almost triple in size and the skin layer very thin, almost ready to pop. i left it on for approxamatley 2 hours. it does get very painful and uncomfortable but u can see that it it is ready to burst. A few painkiller kept the pain tolerable. Once it looks ike it is about to burst, mix the baking soda and salt in some water and dab on with a coton pad. I left the cotton pad there, held in pace with my underwear and sanitary towel. 

Baking soda and salt are supposed to burn the skin. So when the skin is very thin, it shouldnt take much for it to tare which will lead to the abcess draining.

i left the cotton pad in place for twenty minutes and realised the pain of the abscess jad dissappeared. When I checked, it had burst! the pain relief is instant and you feel almost back to normal.

I am now writing this less than 12 hours later and I feel great. There is very little pain (only to touch) and hardly any swelling. The abscess is draining itself. I have been having warm baths to keep the area clean and speed up draining but overall Im feeling happy and relieved.

Please try this as it really does work! Be patient and brave no matter how hard it gets, and believe me, I know it gets hard! If u think about it, this is a logical remedy- the tumeric (an anti-oxidant) makes all the puss come to the surface, making the skin thin and the baking soda and salt (an acidic formula)  burns the thin layer of skin making a hole for the abscesss to drain.

Good luck ladies! You can do it xxx

24 likes, 189 replies

189 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

This is the most supportive thread! I am experiencing a Skene's cyst. I noticed it 2 weeks ago, saw my doc, she said to soak. It got bigger and finally started to hurt. I went to urgent care 2 days ago to get on antibiotics as I knew it was infected. It grew bigger and I was getting nervous. I went back to urgent care the next day and they encouraged me to soak with salt water, and wait for antibiotics to help. Today I soaked in a basin over the toilet with my usual epsom salts and apple cider vinegar (ACV) added to hot water but I added 1 drop of tea tree oil today. I went out after and could feel a different sensation- I atributed it to the tea tree. When I got home and did a 4th sitz bath with salt and ACV. I could feel things shifting like coming to a head. I got out, lay in my bed to see the cyst with my phone camera and saw the white head and surrounding it I saw there was blood coming to a head surrounding the white! I pushed on the side of the cyst a little bit but not hard and I could tell it wanted to come out, so I walked to the bathroom and stood up with my one foot on the table. I pressed the side with a tad more pressure and white pus filled with some blood came out. I was so happy. I got back in the basin to push the rest out. All of this happpened after I read this post! You gave me hope! I will continue to soak and keep things clean. Thank you for the encouragement!

• Posted

can i just say how thankful I am for all of you and sharing this? I am currently writing with a coconut and turmeric solution on, and within minutes of applying it I had already felt relief. I will come back and let you all know, but - seriously, my sanity was slipping and this was a life saver. you beautiful people are the real mvps

• Posted

hey guys! its morning, and my cyst that became the entire length of my vagina in now back to more of a round shape. it is still painful, but after examining I see it coming to a head - man does she look angry! but it's 1000% working. and I have so much gratitude for having you all speak out about an uncomfortable topic.

• Posted

I am a seventeen year old girl. I recently had my period that ended just about 2-3 days ago. My house is currently being renovated and reconstructed a little which puts me in a situation where I can't do much self-care. Earlier today in the shower I was washing myself when I felt pain to touch around the opening. I decided to check it as soon as I got out of shower. I saw an air/stuff filled bubble? I'll call it that as I don't understand it. I read a few articles and it varies in size, mine is pretty small I'd say about the size of a pea. I tried searching it up to see if there was any information as to why it occurred and what it is.

I searched a lot and I'm pretty sure it is a Bartholin cyst. It matches all the description available on the web about Bartholin cyst. but I don't know if it is that. I really need help regarding this. I live in a family where things like these are not considered relevant. if anyone could please help me out with this it would mean a lot. I currently don't have access to a doctor or gynaecologist. if I can identify it and make sure it is that I'll try out to turmeric powder and coconut oil recipe. however I don't have access to the stuff needed for second remedy and I wanted to ask if there is any substitute for it? any other remedy that I can use instead of that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.