Hoovering

Posted , 9 users are following.

How many weeks post surgery did you go back to doing the hoovering

0 likes, 92 replies

92 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hovers are usually very heavy so you shouldn't actually lift one until about 12 weeks. However if someone gets the hoover out for you and you just do the actual hoovering then about 8-10 weeks.
    • Posted

Thanks 12 weeks now. Don't think I can milk not doing it with husband for much longer
    • Posted

Lol mine never does it to my standard anyway..when you goin back to work x
  • Posted

Hi my Hoover isn't very heavy I did it about 6 weeks 😊
    • Posted

Hi I've got wooden floors downstairs.but carpets upstairs my hubby did upstairs x
  • Posted

Sometimes I think I should just be quiet but I hoovered a week after!

Very light hoover though.

I only had rectocele surgery, don't know if that makes a difference?

I'm 6 weeks post now

• Posted

Just having a rectocele repaired doesn't make any difference in fact it's that repair you should be the most careful.
    • Posted

I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me

I wallpapered and painted after 4 weeks.

I genuinely have had an easy ride. Dread to imagine how or when it's gonna catch up with me!

• Posted

I have listened to my body.

If ever it felt wrong I stopped.

Maybe when I go for my check I'll get a telling off, will keep you all posted though.

Might be in for a few 'i told you so'

• Posted

Not resting even when you feel well can cause problems. That's why patients should be told to rest and do basically very little for the first 2 weeks. Moving around, lifting and stretching pulls on the internal sutures so the don't heal correctly. I always stressed that very strongly because I saw women returning following failed surgery taking up NHS beds when it could have been avoided. Some ladies think that because there isn't a visible wound then it's ok.
    • Posted

I will tell you what the surgeon says when I go for my check up 22nd March.

Totally understand what you are saying and I have been careful

• Posted

Also the lady that was next to me in hospital has been the same as me (she lives on the next road)

Could it be a good surgeon? That might explain a lot?

• Posted

Makes no difference who the surgeon is. If he had a new way of repairing a rectocele that enabled ladies to get back to normal after a week every Urogynaecologist would be doing the same. Bladder (cystocele) repair can be performed now differently so recovery is much shorter but that's still a recovery time of about 3-6 weeks.
    • Posted

That's true. I did a three day fast to give my body a break to recover too. Maybe that helps?

God knows.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.