Hope for the future

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi - I have been sitting here crying whilst reading these discussions. I have had LS since 2009. I am up to my 4th gyro and after the current one split me this week and for the second time gave me a printout and incorrect script sent me on my way. I can no longer have Pap smears because I tear so easily. Someone must be looking over me because the thought for looking up support groups has never been suggested and I feel like I have been given a chance to not feel so alone. I will definitely try baking soda - thanks guys you have made my day - by the way I am also an artist, mainly oils. Any one on this site from Brisbane? 

4 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, what has helped me is vitamin E oil, perrin natural cream complete and I just ordered terrisal. I hope this might help.
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer.. do you use the perrin natural cream with the clob or no clob at all?
    • Posted

Hi, I use the Perrin Naturals cream complete ultimate strength. On the Perrin Naturals website, there is a forum for lichens and how the perrins cream has helped them. I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer, I really wouldn't muck about - experimenting is all very well, but you need something strong to get this under control.
    • Posted

Hi Margret, I am just giving information what has helped me.  The clobatasol made me feel worse so I've been trying to find anything that would help me and am just passion information along, hopefully it will help others,
    • Posted

Moisture creams are a must, but they're not instead of clob. There are very mild cases of LS and there are patients for whom clob doesn't work. It's possible that Jennifer is an example of both.

In general the potent steroid, which works over a period of months, then needs permanent maintenance. Because clobetasol (and a list of equally potent topican corticosteroid ointments and creams) works to remove the thickening layer of dead cells and penetrated deep to turn down or off the inflammatory cells in the 'basement' layer, it can be drying.

• Posted

Deb, I'm so happy you've found us and I hope you finally got the proper prescription.

Baking soda baths are good, but more is not better. 1/3 cup in a bath, or a pinch in a bottle of rinsing water.

It's becoming much less of a surprise when anyone says they're an artist. Go figure. Looking forward to seeing you here regularly!

• Posted

With a pinch in bottle rinsing water - do I spay this quite liberally after every time I go to bathroom?
    • Posted

That's right. Apparently there's a kind of bottle available that has multiple holes more like a mini shower. It would deliver more water. So lots of spray sounds just fine.
  • Posted

Deb, there are more support groups on the web (I know this because I have been surfing and found this terrific one). If you belong to Facebook there are a couple of them and a really good Yahoo Group. (By the way, off-subject from LS, my great-uncle Stuart Blair emigrated from Scotland to Brisbane in the early 1900s. He had two children, Stella and David, wh may not even still be alive but my dad (first generation American, as his father emigrated here in 1909) remembers correspondence coming and going between Australia and here in Connecticut.confused
  • Posted

Good to find others who struggle the same as you do, isn't it Deb.  This forum has become very important for me as well.  Just so that you don't feel so alone.  What's more, together we may actually figure out a thing or two for the betterment of our living with LS.

Glad you joined us. 

• Posted

thank you and yes. I really was at a very low point this week. Wish I had found this site years ago!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.