Hope for the future

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi - I have been sitting here crying whilst reading these discussions. I have had LS since 2009. I am up to my 4th gyro and after the current one split me this week and for the second time gave me a printout and incorrect script sent me on my way. I can no longer have Pap smears because I tear so easily. Someone must be looking over me because the thought for looking up support groups has never been suggested and I feel like I have been given a chance to not feel so alone. I will definitely try baking soda - thanks guys you have made my day - by the way I am also an artist, mainly oils. Any one on this site from Brisbane? 

4 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Deb, 

I am in Melbourne , 

Sorry to hear you are having probs this is an awful desease, I have a tear on clit at the moment and it stings like hell Was wondering do you know how long they take to heal  Gyno said it just looked small but had this for over a week now On Diprosene for Lichen Do you find the tears to last long? Said to see her in 6 weeks , cant put up with this Cheers 

• Posted

Hi Marion, doesn't seem to be too many people from Oz!? I've never had a tear on clit usually perineum. Depends on severity of tear. If it is stinging when you wee I would use a strong barrier like Sudacrem or good Ol Vaseline which has helped enormously. I have never had success with Diprosene. Warm bath with bi carb or salt (you think it might sting but doesn't). Good luck with it!
    • Posted

Hi I had a tear on my clit the other week.  Used the usual Clobetasol and then also used Manuka Honey.  Really soothing and healed things quickly.  Used bicarb sitzbath and also Epaderm.  I find when I have a tear I use everything I can and it heals things quickly.  hope this helps.
  • Posted

Thanks Deb 

It's so nice to get support on here, These tears are so painful arnt they ? I havnt had one on clit before , but know they are painful around Perinium,  Must admit I have not used vasaline I get a cream called Paladin from UK  which helps  Its zinc based 

I do hope you go ok managing yours and Thank you for your advice might try the vas 

Cheers Hon 

• Posted

Just back from my gyna.  All looked very good, he said.  Questions regarding clit that seems to come back from under fusing.  Stinging etc. Looking good though, was his comment.  And keep doing what you're doing.  Which is: baking soda rinses, baking soda baths, and coconut oil.  Only twice a week very small amount of glob.

Of what I understand by now: keep it clean with baking soda in water, and allow it to heal.  Don't close it off.  And watch your diet: no sugar, alcohol, caffeine, soya, gluten.   

I have been very diligent about all.  Perhaps it pays off.

Just wanted you to know this to compare notes.

• Posted

Glad to hear all went well.  I'm watching my sugar intake now!... I cant afford not to, I am also Gluten free, mainly due to contracting GERD earlier in the year though.
    • Posted

Gluten and sugar are the big difference makers, is my experience.
    • Posted

Great news so glad all is well ,keep it up my friend  must have made you feel better x
    • Posted

Thanks also to all of your support.  Would not have done it without all of you.  

Now it is 'wait and see' with the clit part.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.