Hormone hell

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hey ladies,

I’m having such a horrible hormone hell.  I feel like an insane person. Like I’m literally going crazy. Most days it’s insomnia and severe anxiety. The. The next day ( like today) it’s horrible depression and just feeling hopeless. Also such bad headaches. 

I have no one who gets it and it’s just such a lonely suffering. I’m intolerant to anti depressants and anti anxiety mess so I have to just push through. 

But it’s so hard. I hate having almost everyday be a struggle. I just want to feel good and normal again. 

Sorry for the rant, but I’m really having a hard time with this all. 

Thanks for listening. 

5 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

omg missy...........I desperately wish you lived close by, so we could help each other. I feel the exact same way. today I feel like I am losing my mind. The anxiety today has been off the charts horrible and I am literally at the point to where I feel like I cannot do this anymore. some days are good and some are horrible. today was a horrible one and I get sooo terrified that this is the new me. Depression hasn't kicked in yet, but I am sure it will any day now. I barely sleep at all and wake up wondering how I can do this another day. my husband, who is a great guy, is sick of hearing it all and I feel so alone. Please message me ANYTIME. Hugs.............

• Posted

Me too Jill! We can be hormone buddies if you want? Private message me if that’s something you might like. If not, that’s totally okay too. No pressure smile
  • Posted

I'm on the AD Trazodone. It's a SNRI  not a SSRI like Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro. etc, I couldn't take those either. Trazodone has been around for years. it was actually meant to be a sleep aid, but one of the side effects(if you can call it that) is that they discovered it could be used as an AD. I had no side effects except for a stuffy nose and that went away. It took about three days before I noticed a difference in my mood. Have you tried Valium for anxiety?

Maybe something natural like Valerian Root or Ashwaghanda? When I remember I put tumeric in my food, it's supposed to help anxiety.  I hope you feel better soon.  ((((hugs))))

• Posted

Ladies, look up...It feels like derangement, menopause, depression and me.  I want to fly to the UK and hug this woman.
    • Posted

I actually found it incredibly validating. It certainly speaks to my experience, and it made me feel less alone. In some odd way, it is comforting to know that I am not the only one who is struggling to navigate through this maze and find the exit.

May we all reach the other side quickly and find ourselves once again.

• Posted

Thank you for all the kind words and love on this thread. It’s really appreciated!

Today was a good day. While yesterday I was so beyond depressed. It’s such a roller coaster. I’m here for you ladies too!

• Posted

Right there with you Missy seem to have terrible days and not so bad evenings ... maybe I should get a night job ! 
    • Posted

Hi Lori,

It's the exact same with me. The mornings are awful. At the start of the day, I just don't know how I am going to get through it. I try to focus on just one task at a time and not look too far ahead, as it is just too daunting!

If I am going to feel well, it is almost always in the evenings. Today, the day started out horribly. I was crying and totally overwhelmed because I didn't know how I was going to cope. By mid-afternoon, things started to shift, and now, in the evening, I am quite content in my cottage by the sea. It is so bizarre and surreal!!

Bev

• Posted

As a side note Missy, even though I'm on an AD I still have up and down days. I have the Valium and it takes the edge off.  But it's my thoughts that I have a problem with. Why during this time can we not control negative, depressing thoughts? One of the ladies put it perfectly, "I can find no joy in anything".

I don't feel this is what God wants for me. I've been clinging to him more and more lately. It's not just the hormones, we are also dealing with life. I'm trying to sell my house but it's going to be tough(not impossible). It's a long story. Plus I have a 15 year old car and I'm going to need a car soon. I have no idea how I'm going to afford it.

I've just noticed on here that while going through this we are dealing with so many other life problems. Normally I would just give it to God and skip along my merry way, knowing he would take care of it. Now I just feel trapped, crazy, scared, and a bit hopeless. But I know God has never left me, so I have to truly surrender to him and just let all these negative feelings go. But let me tell you it was a lot easier when I had hormones!  Lol!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.