Hormone I've been taking for years

Posted , 8 users are following.

DHEA is a hormone naturally produced by the adrenal glands...and said to start dropping in our bodies by age 30, I've read some say since age 20.

This was one of the FIRST tests done by my intgegrative MD when I started on this FM path back in 1999, so I believe I'm on DHEA since 2002 or sooner....and in the U.S. it's over the countrer but I am monitored by my integrative MD annually with my blood work.

A friend on another board who is in Canada says it's a prescription in her country....so I'm guessing the same for the UK.

SO MANY MILLIONS, I believe are low in DHEA and have no idea.

Check out the DHEA info online and give it serious consideration...

Definitely boosts energy and moods and does slow down aging....I'm 76 and I can attest to it.

It takes so much to get "fixed" with the FM stuff and everything in life for that matter....we all age. Mention it to your docs.

I found out about DHEA when I was hit with FM back in 1999, it's been quite a journey.

0 likes, 66 replies

66 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Joy!

Dr Brownstein is an advocate of this and I have 'had a look' ...thanks for raising the matter. Do you like Brownstein?

I do need to sought out the orchestra of my hormones...they're a bit out of tune!! The main conductor in particular...and so for 10 points which would that be? Testing you now !!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.