Hormones Or Mirtazapine reaction? I need help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay so it all started one night after 30mg Mitrazapine (SSRI) made me feel "drugged" for a better word, I was anxious, felt sick, shaky, couldn't sleep. Went to hospital to be told everything is okay. Since Quit them. 

6 months on I feel: 

Feel WIRED - too much energy, don't feel tired even after not sleeping for days (so much so i thought i was bi polar which has been ruled out) 

Insomnia - went 5 days without ANY sleep recently, until the doctors gave me Temazepam 10 mg (which to me are too weak) 

Sweating much more than normal 

Putting weight on week by week 

Anxiety

Headaches 

Dilated Pupils

Feel physically sick and look it sometimes

Blank Mind (Probably from all the anxiety) 

Worst of all.... HUGE penis shrinkage, not taking an inch or too, i am talking it's shrivelled which makes me believe something hormonal?  

Doctors say it couldn't be the Mitrazapine which has left my system a long time ago, I do seem to match some hyper thyroid symptoms, can anyone point me in the right direction, the doctors are doing little to nothing, i've been 8 times now in 6 months. sad

Many Thanks. C

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had another thyroid test, all they would tell me is T4 is 15.1 and THS is normal. Didn't mention T3 when i asked, probably didn't test it. So they said that rules out Thyroid. just gone another day without any sleep. What could this be? I am wired to the moon again. Bi Polar is my bet at this rate

• Posted

went to A & E, they rulled out Bi Polar again, so it's not my Thyroid, or Bi Polar, but with these symtoms there must be something going on, gonna push my doctor for more bloods

• Posted

Just incase anyone comes across this and has the same syptoms, 

Blank mind - Anxiety / DP

Pysically stuff including down below shrikage Testostrone (although i was checked for this before, until recently it actually showed up, get bloods done every few months, if you really think somethings up or as much as they let you!) 

Serum testosterone 17.7 (0.3-1.7 range) yes 10x normal

Free androgen index 36.1 (0.30-5.62range) 7x normal

Sleep, depite being rulled out for Bi Polar by 5 people, the doctors now think i am cyclothymia/hypermanic without dilusions or anything. 

Took a long time and a change of doctors to get these anwsers, don't give up, change doctors is my new rule, though this one i have now is a keeper. best doctor i've met 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.